Route a call from Internal Extension to Ring Group

I don’t understand why the dial plan for your ring group is not being built.
Confirm that the database is correct – at a root shell type
fwconsole mysql asterisk
then at the MariaDB prompt issue
select * from ringgroups

Are you running the FreePBX Distro? If not, provide details.
In Admin->Module Admin, what versions do you see for FreePBX Framework, Core and Ring Groups?

Not sure what the MariaDB command was meant to do? it didnt do anything

That’s odd. Can you post a screenshot please?

Sure

Sorry, my bad.
select * from ringgroups;

MariaDB [asterisk]> select * from ringgroups;
±-------±---------±--------±-------±----------±----------±-----------------------±------------±----------±---------------±----------±-----------±--------±---------±---------±--------±----------±---------±----------±--------+
| grpnum | strategy | grptime | grppre | grplist | annmsg_id | postdest | description | alertinfo | remotealert_id | needsconf | toolate_id | ringing | cwignore | cfignore | cpickup | recording | progress | elsewhere | rvolume |
±-------±---------±--------±-------±----------±----------±-----------------------±------------±----------±---------------±----------±-----------±--------±---------±---------±--------±----------±---------±----------±--------+
| 999 | ringall | 20 | | 1003-1005 | 0 | app-blackhole,hangup,1 | Doorbird | | 0 | | 0 | Ring | | | | never | yes | no | |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [asterisk]>

I’m stumped. The database appears to be built correctly, but no ring groups got written to the dialplan.

I have no idea how that can be. Possibly, a module version inconsistency, or a system package vs. module inconsistency. Assuming that you have a good backup, try upgrading all modules (or at least those that seem relevant). Or, consider upgrading to FreePBX 15. See

What are you running this on? Running the Distro, something built from a script (which), or built on your own?

1 Like

Running the distro under Virtualisation Station on a QNAP x64 bit NAS. Ill do the upgrade now

Ive upgraded to 15.x now, what should I run Stewart now?

Did you apply config? Did you change any of the conf files?

I upgraded, nothing has changed in terms of configuration

The only other thing I can think of, is permissions.

Try running:

fwconsole chown
fwconsole reload
1 Like

Running the latest version, after a recreation of the RG its now working correctly! Thank you Stewart1!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.