Ring Groups and Missed Calls

Once again having issues with missed calls working correctly with ring groups. There have been several threads and bug reports on this so I am not sure why this keeps becoming an issue. Maybe this is related to the Cisco SPA phones being used.

I am using FreePBX 15.0.16.77 and have modules updated to latest version. This PBX was just installed this week. EDIT: Ring Groups module version is: 15.0.11.9

From my understanding this is how ring groups are suppose to work:

Mark Answered Elsewhere set to NO:
1)Missed calls show on all phones if no one answers
2) If a member of ring group answers a call then no missed call is displayed on any phone

Mark Answered Elsewhere set to YES:

1. Missed calls do not show on any phone is no one answers.
  2. If a member of the ring group answers a call then no missed call is displayed on any phone.

Am I correct on how this works? As I said earlier, there have been quite a few threads and issues reported with this that I am just honestly confused at this point.

My experiences:
----A ring group of all Cisco SPA 509g phones:

1. I call in, someone answers, all other phones show a missed call
  2. I call in, no one answers, all phones show a missed call.
    This applies whether Mark Calls Elsewhere is set to yes or no. Same thing happens either way.

----2 yealinks (T46s, T54s) in a ring group:
Mark Calls Elsewhere No:

1. I call in, someone answers, all other phones show a missed call
  2. I call in, no one answers, all phones show a missed call.

Mark Calls Elesewhere Yes:
1)I call in, someone answers, no phone shows a missed call.
2)I call in, no one answers, all phones show a missed call.

Could someone help me understand how this is suppose to properly work? Just feel like I have had information overload when it comes to this.

Thanks!

The Cisco phones work properly (No missed call when a ring group member answers) on FreePBX 12.0.76.6. I migrated them to the latest 15.0.16.77 version and ring group is not acting the same.

Thoughts anyone?

Hi there…sorry to see none has helped you I’m getting from my other posts as well did you manage to get a answer ? best thing i do to avoid less miss calls is to only enable one line on phone and disable call waiting on freepbx

Hi there…sorry to see none has helped you I’m getting from my other posts as well did you manage to get a answer ? best thing i do to avoid less miss calls is to only enable one line on phone and disable call waiting on freepbx

Well - works fine here: Asterisk sends a cancel - “Call completed elsewhere” Reason: Q.850 cause=26 to all other ringing phones if one of the phones took the call. Ring Group version is 15.0.11.9. Same behavior with Follow Me (15.0.23). It’s up to each phone to handle this answer correctly.

No.

If marked answered is no, the. All phones always show missed call, except the one that answered it.

If mark answered is yes, then no phone shows a missed call, assuming it was answered.

No matter the yes/no, if no one answers the call all phones show a missed call.

Hi Sir what do you mean with mark yes and mark no is it a setting on the PBX ? Please advise ? Thanks johann

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.