Retransmission timeout reached SIP trunk?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having. Currently running asterisk with granstream PSTn Gateway 410x. Currently was working well for the past 2 years no issue. And today so odd the Trunks keeps disconnecting. I check though verbose once i reboot the 410X and connects then around 2min it disconnects. Currently have 3 trunks

This is my conf

Trunk name 254XXXX
  type=friend
 secret=password
host=dynamic
 context=from-trunk
    nat=no
   canreinvite=no
  dtmfmode=rfc2833
 qualify=yes
 insecure=very

When i run sip debug im getting this

Retransmitting #2 (no NAT) to 192.168.1.253:5060:
 OPTIONS sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.252:5060;branch=z9hG4bK42aff699
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp>
 Call-ID: [email protected]:5060
CSeq: 102 OPTIONS
User-Agent: FPBX-2.11.0(11.13.0)
   Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 03:54:59 GMT
      Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
    Supported: replaces, timer
     Content-Length: 0.

Thank you

I would suspect a hardware failure, corrupted firmware or config, or possibly a networking issue.

After the disconnect (and before rebooting), can you access the 4108’s admin web page? Can you ping it?

The device has a pretty good syslog capability. Try setting it for Debug level (7) and see if anything useful gets logged at the time of the disconnect.

If you determine that the hardware is sick, possibly it’s just the power module – you may have one from another device that you can try. Before doing so, be certain that it’s the same voltage and has the same or greater current rating and a compatible plug. Also worth trying is resetting to factory settings and setting it up again, or reloading the firmware.

Do you have any other SIP trunks (VoIP provider and/or other gateways)? If so, do they continue to operate properly? Any issues with calls between extensions?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, after hours some dude put a DVR with the same IP i almost wanted to shank him

Just in-case you haven’t yet , ALWAYS set you server’s ip address statically and outside your dhcp server’s ‘award’ range. Then unless “some dude” is a complete prick, it won’t happen again.

2 Likes

Most (all of them I’ve seen) DHCP servers allow for the assignment of static IP addresses based on MAC Address outside the pool. Anything that you want to have with a static IP (printers, servers, VNC workstations, phones, etc.) can then get the same, assigned, authorized address every time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.