Repo Issues - April 19th 2019

Oops… shows how long I was banging away at this. Sorry. Yes it was today.

Again. We are working on this issue. Thanks for your understanding

I didn’t see till Tony merged my posting with this but thank you.

Seems to be working already. Thanks Tony. (I didnt see this thread before I posted either)

We are still working through yum issues but most things outside of a blanket yum update should work, including Asterisk version switching

(also my name’s not Tony)

1 Like

I have no excuse as we share the same name. Too many late nights!

This is now resolved

@tm1000 Andrew is this relevant or a totally different issue?

at line 3 it hesitated for about seven minutes.

–> Finished Dependency Resolution
–> Running transaction check
—> Package kernel.x86_64 0:3.10.0-693.21.1.el7 will be erased
–> Processing Dependency: kernel(napi_complete_done) = 0x905307be for package: kmod-via-rhine-1.5.2-1.sng7.x86_64
–> Processing Dependency: kernel(napi_complete_done) = 0x905307be for package: kmod-via-velocity-1.16-1.sng7.x86_64
–> Running transaction check
—> Package kmod-via-rhine.x86_64 0:1.5.2-1.sng7 will be erased
–> Processing Dependency: kmod-via-rhine for package: sangoma-pbx-1902-3.sng7.noarch
—> Package kmod-via-velocity.x86_64 0:1.16-1.sng7 will be erased
–> Running transaction check
—> Package sangoma-pbx.noarch 0:1902-3.sng7 will be erased
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Trying to remove “sangoma-pbx”, which is protected
[[email protected] ~]#

That’s normal for kernel mods. About a year ago Rob accidentally published some kmods he didn’t mean to publish so we just have to get you off of those.

Each one of these commands will take several minutes to complete.

Here’s how to fix it (yes twice):

yum downgrade kmod-via-rhine
yum downgrade kmod-via-rhine

Then

yum upgrade

Thank you Andrew. Alas, I still get;

Error: Trying to remove “sangoma-pbx”, which is protected…

Package kernel.x86_64 0:3.10.0-693.21.1.el7 will be erased
–> Processing Dependency: kernel(napi_complete_done) = 0x905307be for package: kmod-via-velocity-1.16-1.sng7.x86_64
–> Running transaction check
—> Package kmod-via-velocity.x86_64 0:1.16-1.sng7 will be erased
–> Processing Dependency: kmod-via-velocity for package: sangoma-pbx-1902-3.sng7.noarch
–> Running transaction check
—> Package sangoma-pbx.noarch 0:1902-3.sng7 will be erased
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Trying to remove “sangoma-pbx”, which is protected

Actually it’s different if you look. Just run the same commands I gave you for the previous one against this one. Keep your eyes on the errors and you’ll be able to get through it.

1 Like

@Ducktour

What are you trying to say here? I have no idea.

Sangoma pbx is protected for a reason. DO NOT REMOVE THE PROTECTION YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM.

I have removed your post telling people how to do that.

All of the errors you have posted so far you can get out of. Keep posting them here and I will show you. Don’t go removing protections you don’t understand.

1 Like

Reiterating…

Here’s how to fix it (yes twice):

yum downgrade kmod-via-velocity
yum downgrade kmod-via-velocity

Then

yum upgrade

that is EXACTLY what I did

Then what was the reasoning for posting the location of the protection file. That is all you posted. Nothing more.

It was to prompt a reply from you to see if I was barking up the wrong tree, obviously I was!

Are you still stuck or did you make it through the upgrade

I’ll look again after the holiday weekend, I’m in the doghouse indoors as well.

All appears to be OK. No errors.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.