Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

Hi,

I have seen may posts regarding this error:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

But actually none of them was working for me. When I expand the error, I get this:

exit: 1
Unable to continue. Coding Error - don’t understand ‘chan_woomera.so’ from /etc/asterisk/modules.conf in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php on line 334
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php(81): FreePBX\LoadConfig->explodeConfig(Array)
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php(41): FreePBX\LoadConfig->loadConfig(‘modules.conf’, ‘/etc/asterisk’)
#2 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(122): FreePBX\LoadConfig->__construct(Object(FreePBX), ‘modules.conf’)
#3 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(53): FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad(‘LoadConfig’, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/ConfigFile.class.php(33): FreePBX\Self_Helper->__call(‘LoadConfig’, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/ConfigFile.class.php(33): FreePBX->LoadConfig(‘modules.conf’)
#6 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(122): FreePBX\ConfigFile->__construct(Object(FreePBX), ‘modules.conf’)
#7 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(53): FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad(‘ConfigFile’, Array)
#8 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/ModulesConf.class.php(17): FreePBX\Self_Helper->__call(‘ConfigFile’, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/ModulesConf.class.php(17): FreePBX->ConfigFile(‘modules.conf’)
#10 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(124): FreePBX\ModulesConf->__construct(Object(FreePBX))
#11 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(37): FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad(‘ModulesConf’)
#12 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc/drivers/PJSip.class.php(726): FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get(‘ModulesConf’)
#13 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/Core.class.php(219): FreePBX\modules\Core\Drivers\PJSip->writeConfig(Array)
#14 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FileHooks.class.php(106): FreePBX\modules\Core->writeConfig(Array)
#15 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FileHooks.class.php(26): FreePBX\FileHooks->processNewHooks()
#16 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf(877): FreePBX\FileHooks->processFileHooks(Array)
#17 {main}

Any help please?

That would be your issue. What is that, it is not a standard Asterisk module.

Oh another one of those third party modules from the 1.4 to 1.8 era’s of Asterisk.

1. People need to stop putting random Asterisk driver modules like this on their FreePBX systems then act shocked and confused as to why FreePBX freaks out or doesn’t do anything with this random driver.

How is FreePBX going to know what to do with a channel driver that is has nothing for?!

1. People need to stop using third party, unsupported and (for the most part) non-maintained add-ons/modules from 10+ years ago. Asterisk has had major changes since those days. Things do not apply the same as they used to.

There are reasons that many of these old “standard” third party apps are no longer viable with the one major reason being: People stopped updating apps after 12, the changes and new features were “confusing”. With another being that some of these apps were designed pre-v12 to help bridge gaps that Asterisk had in it. Now Asterisk has either deprecated those old issues, fixed them or replaced them so their apps are no longer really relevant.

Distro installs include this line by default in modules.conf:

noload = chan_woomera.so

it’s presence is not indicative of any customization on behalf of the user.

@marwan83, what is the output of:

cat /etc/asterisk/modules.conf

[root@freepbx ~]# cat /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate. ;
chan_woomera.so

[modules]
preload = func_db.so
preload = res_odbc.so
preload = res_config_odbc.so
preload = cdr_adaptive_odbc.so

If that is your entire modules.conf, then it has been edited by hand or screwed up some how. That doesn’t look right at all.

This is a fresh installation. Was completed yesterday. Can you please give me the correct file content? let me try editing it by hand…

I never noticed that and funny that now that I have. I see it listed twice in the modules.conf files I’ve looked at. :slight_smile:

That’s the problem, it looks like it has been edited by hand which is a big no no. What version of the ISO did you use to install this?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.