"Queue Agent Login Toggle" on a remote IAX2 PBX

Hi everyone,
we have 2 remote PBXs connected with IAX2, we have configured the same queues on the 2 PBXs.
We would like to be able to do agent logon and logoff from a queue, both from local and from remote queues.
Feature code configured to do logon and logoff is 22 and we have an outbound route that send to the remote site every number dialed with 7 prefix. So for example, if I call the 801 queue it works, if I call 7801 the remote queue works, if I try logging in to the queue with a dynamic agent with 22801 it works but if I try logging in to the remote queue with 227801 it doesn’t work and it says “Your call can’t be done as you desired” (sorry for the translation as my language phones is in italian).
Please could someone explain me how to achieve this or point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance for the help!

That might probably be because your local PBX is processing 227801 as local, the 7 being the inter-trunk prefix as you configured it. I guess that if 22 is also the code to log on/off on the remote PBX, the correct string to dial would be 722801, so everything after the 7 gets sent to the remote PBX. In any case, just try it and see what does the remote PBX does after receiving the 22801.

1 Like

Hi arielgrin, already tried what you said, but the result is that the call will be terminated without errors on the phones (both Snom and Cisco tried). When I try 722801 the error log of remote PBX is:
WARNING[32727][C-00020083]: app_queue.c:7062 aqm_exec: Unable to add interface ‘Local/@from-queue/n’ to queue ‘801’: Already there
[2017-07-24 08:31:40] WARNING[32727][C-00020083]: app_queue.c:7103 ql_exec: QueueLog requires arguments (queuename,uniqueid,membername,event[,additionalinfo])
== Spawn extension (macro-toggle-add-agent, s, 8) exited non-zero on ‘IAX2/xxxxxxxxxx’ in macro ‘toggle-add-agent’
== Spawn extension (app-queue-toggle, s, 17) exited non-zero on ‘IAX2/xxxxxxxxxx’
(x is for username)

On the local PBX I don’t have any relevant error.
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Let me see if I understood your scenario correctly. you have 2 PBXs, let’s call local A and remote B.

You have a queue 801 on A and also a queue 801 on B.

You want an extension XXX on A to be added as a queue member on queue 801 on B.

Is that right?

1 Like

Yes it’s right.

You want an extension XXX on A to be added as a queue member on queue 801 on B.

and viceversa: I would like also an extension on B to be able to add to queue 801 on A.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Are you using a prefix to go from A to B and from B to A, or have you defined different numbering plans for each PBX, like extensions 2xx for A and 3xx for B and the starting digit is used as matching pattern to route calls between both PBXs?

Maybe the only way to do this, if even possible, is by using different numbering plans for extensions and queues instead of using dialing prefixes, altough I might be wrong. This scenario should be carefully investigated.

1 Like

Hi arielgrin,

we use a prefix to go to each remote site, the prefix is 7.

That is probably why it is not working. The queue at the remote PBX doesn’t have a way to know that the extension you want to log in is from the other PBX. In fact, I don’t think this is something that can be easily achieved, at least not directly with the GUI, maybe if you manually modify the conf files, because you first need to add the extension to the queue, and each PBX is only going to show a list with its own extensions. I can think of maybe creating custom extensions/destinations on each PBX that point to the real SIP extensions on the other PBX, or maybe using DUNDi, but that is something that will require you doing some reading to accomplish.

1 Like

Maybe this post can help you.

1 Like

It seems a bit complicated to achieve, I thought it was simple to do.
Thanks arielgrin!