Phones won't register after upgrade

This is a new FreePBX install from Sangoma’s install image. When initially installed and extensions were programmed, everything worked just fine. However, I kept getting notices about all the modules that needed to be upgraded so I went through the upgrade process. Currently running 14.0.3.2

Now, none of the Ubiquity UVP-executive phones will register with FreePBX, though nothing has changed other than the upgrade. I have one grandstream HT701 that will register on it’s extension and one engenius Duraphone SIP that will also register without issues.

Any ideas on why the UVP would suddenly not register?

Thanks

no log, please show the log.

Can you help me know what log and what parts to show and how to obtain it?
Thanks

When I look at the /var/log/asterisk/full log, there are no entries when the UVP is rebooted. When the grandstream is rebooted, I get this:

[2018-05-25 07:39:17] VERBOSE[20887] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Contact 140/sip:[email protected]:5060 is now Unreachable.  RTT: 0.000 msec
[2018-05-25 07:39:17] VERBOSE[20887] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Endpoint 140 is now Unreachable
[2018-05-25 07:40:07] WARNING[11720] res_pjsip_pubsub.c: Subscription request from endpoint anonymous rejected. Expiration of 0 is invalid
[2018-05-25 07:40:14] VERBOSE[20887] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Contact 140/sip:[email protected]:5060 is now Reachable.  RTT: 14.478 msec
[2018-05-25 07:40:14] VERBOSE[20887] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Endpoint 140 is now Reachable

running “asterisk -r -vvvvvvvvv” gives me the same results. On the UVP side, it tells me that it is configured wrong (Error 408), but nothing has changed since it was working. The only change was the upgrade to the FreePBX modules.

It’s obviously something to do with the upgrade. I wiped the server and reloaded from the install disk and the phones will work again. As soon as I upgrade the modules, the UVP phones quit working as well as the brand new Sangoma s705. When I wipe the server, reload and only upgrade the critical security packages everything works.

I’d guess that your configuration is actually the problem, since it might appear that you are relying on anonymous connections for the system to work.

As FreePBX has grown over time, some things that were considered innocuous have been identified is terrifyingly bad. Anonymous connections is one such aspect - the system used to allow anonymous connections by default and no longer does so.

This one is a little more interesting, in that the 0ms RTT isn’t valid - for some reason, the extension to system’s network connectivity is dead and eventually comes back to allow the phone to connect.

There is more here that we would need to know before anyone can really help you. For example, what version of the system are you using that works, and which doesn’t.

You’re going to need to be more specific. If the phone isn’t configured correctly, then there is something that needs to be adjusted to get it to work. I’m going to go back to my “anonymous” hypothesis and say that the phone is not registering because anonymous connections have been disabled by default.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.