Park / BLF Yeahlink T28P

Hello All,

I’m having an issue utilizing some of the fixed line buttons to act like an old school “Line” button.
This is where you had someone on hold on “Line” 3 and the person on the other side of the office pressed line 3 and got the call.

If I program 2 phones with a type of “call park”, then assign the value 71,
On phone 1, I get the caller put on hold,
then from phone 2, I immediately see line 71 blinking,
so far so good, now the problem is you click the 71 button on the 2nd phone and you basically hang up on the user.

The goal of course is if there is a call you want to park you press button 71.
Then from any phone press the 71 button and pick up the call.

Thanks!

All of the actions on the server are described in the /var/log/asterisk/full log. Perhaps some judicious excerpts from the log file will help you (or even us) with what could be one of a thousand possible problems.

how are you setting up the button that should pick up 71? we do this all thetime with yealinks. set a park button to park to 70 (how you do this depends on the firmware level - sometimes you can use park, sometimes you must use transfer) and the use blf’s for 71 and sometimes 72 (depends on how the customer wants to handle inbound calls). when a call is parked 71 will light up, and when pressing the blf key for 71 you can pick up the call

Sorry for the delay, got a test phone again.
If I program the buttons as Call Park type, then the extension 71 it does light up and I can transfer the call to that line using the button, but when we go to pick it up, call park doesn’t work of course.

I tried BLF, I need to first transfer the call to 70 ( manually ) then it tells me a number and of course the button lights or in this case blinks.

I was hoping to get it where the user clicks the button for 71, it parks it and then any user presses button 71 and pick it up.

We are stuck on firmware 2.61.19.5, it’s a yealink but it’s locked to the other brand so I can’t put the lastest firmware on there.

Thanks!!!

I haven’t done a lot with BLFs - just what I’ve done messing with Chan-SCCP-B, but still, how do you set the button to do two different things? I didn’t think the button knew about it’s context, so you can’t have it do a transfer to the parking long (*70, for example) and then pick up the call from the same button (using *71).

That’s the only part that really has me confused in this whole discussion. If there’s some way to do that, I’d love to hear about it. It sounds like a neat feature.

I believe this does exist with the proper coding, maybe only on another phone, but I thought it was with yealink.

You actually transfer it to 71 directly with the button and pick it up with the same button, you don’t transfer to 70, the same with 72, 73 etc for the amount of buttons you program.

This is correct. You can park directly with FreePBX 13. I am not sure when this was added to the core setup. Back in the Elastix 2.4 days I had custom config stuff to do this.

I am using the 720 range here in this example from a live system.

Here is how a phone is setup. A T42G in this example.

you guys make this much more complicated that it really is.

1. each phone should have a callpark button. the value will be 70 (assuming you are using the standard parking lot)
  2. each phone should have one or more BLF’s that monitor the parking lot (values are 71, 72, 73, etc)

then to park an incoming call, just push the call park button and watch which of the BLF’s light up.
to pick up a parked call, simply press the lit blf button. we usually label the blf buttons Park-1, Park-2, etc. so that the receptionist can tell someone to pick up Park-1 or Park-2.

Also double check your park configuration. the default config routes calls that have timed out of the parking lot back to the originator, and if the originator is busy it will hang up. you might want to change where it routes calls to when the originator is busy

That’s the way I’ve always set up parking lots, although I’ve never had a customer that would use them. Most of the people I work with prefer the “scream across the room at their co-worker ‘You have a phone call.’ and transfer the call to them whether they’re ready or not” method.

I know, I don’t work with a lot of Advertising Executives…

That takes an extra button and is not precise. What happens when two people park a call within seconds of each other? Which one is the one I parked? Subscription updates to the lights sometimes lg a second.

Direct parking is much simpler for the users and is built into FreePBX 13. Want to put a call on “line 2”? Push the line 2 button.

Bob, the fact that it works, does make it easier for the enduser and the “value” of a button when there aren’t many on a phone is high. Thats why it is important.

Jared, thank you for the detailed notes.

I have the same settings for the parking lot.
The phone which is a little restricted ( proprietary version of yeahlink phone)
has all the settings for features but I don’t have a “transfer mode via dsskey” setting.
I do see a DssKeyBlindTran which is enabled which I think is the matching option.

Scenario:
If I take the call and hit transfer, then the button, I get “im sorry there is no call parked on that extention”.

If I take the call and press the button programmed as lets say 72, I get the same above message.

If I transfer with ##72#, of course that works, and the BLF blinks as expected and can be picked up with the BLF button.

This phone is a T28P ( with old locked firmware ) Firmware 2.61.19.5

You can always purchase the Rest Phone Apps module. It includes a parking app which shows the slot and Caller ID of the person parked. You can use the same button to park and pickup a call.

Hi. I know its a few years later but hope this helps. You want to setup as follows in the Yealink T28
In Freepbx : I set my Call Park Extension to :4800

In Yealink T28 web gui. I set as follows under DSSKEY->Memory Key
Memory 1 Key
Type : Speed Dial
Value : 4800
Line : Line 1
Extension : blank

Memory 2
Type : BLF
Value : 4801
Extension : *854801 (this is the pickup feature code followed by the first call park extension)

Memory 3
Type : BLF
Value : 4802
Extension : *854802 (this is the pickup feature code followed by the second call park extension)

How its used :

1. Agent wants to park a call. They will hit transfer and memory key 1. This will find the next call park slot and park it. The corresponding memory key will change from green to red .
  2. To pick up a parked call, just simply press the memory key of the parked call you want to pickup (it should be red indicating that there is an active call parked there).

Even simpler, and saving a memory key:

Memory 1 Key
Type : Call Park
Value : 4801

Memory 2 Key
Type : Call Park
Value : 4802

How its used :

1. Agent wants to park a call. They will hit a memory key that is green, the call is parked and the key turns red.
  2. To pick up a parked call, just simply press the memory key of the parked call you want to pickup (it should be red indicating that there is an active call parked there).

This seems way more complicated than it needs to be. Just program the buttons as BLF buttons, for instance, BLF 71, BLF 72. Etc. You dont even need a call park button. While your on the phone, you press Park 71 (which is just a blf button pointing to 71) and it will transfer that call to parked slot 71. (Ive done it this way on many Yealink 42s, 46s, 52s, 54w)

You can do this right in Endpoint Manager as well that way you dont need to mess with the GUI. If someone is parked on that slot, it will be red. If not, it will be available to be used, and green)

This is a 4 year old thread. WTF.

A little history here, during FreePBX 13 (or maybe it was with the release of FreePBX 14) was the first time direct parking was enabled natively within FreePBX. Prior to that you had to add custom dialplan.

So there is a reason for these older threads. But if you reply to an older thread, pay attention to the age and versions.

Edit: It was FreePBX 12 where direct parking was added natively. I completely skipped 12, so I tend to forget it existed.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.