Paging seems broken on PJSIP with Gigaset N720

We see an issue with paging calls to a PJSIP extension registered on Gigaset N720.
The extension is not being ringing.
Asterisk seems to send the call (invite) to the N720, these replies with 401 but Asterisk is only sending the ACK back, there is no new invite.
At the same time I see the cause of not sending the new invite in the logs of Asterisk:

ERROR[22902]: res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:450 digest_create_request_with_auth: Endpoint: ‘1004’: There were no auth ids available

The same scenario works fine on CHAN_SIP extensions.

We are using the following versions:

Asterisk 18.6.0
FreePBX distro 15.0.17.64
Paging module 15.0.4.34

Below are the logs for the calls as well a screenshot of the INVITE request and a screenshot of Paging Group configuration.

Call to page group: VERBOSE[6764][C-000004a5] pbx.c: Executing [446@from-internal:1] Goto("PJSIP/109 - Pastebin.com
Call to the member of the paging group: 93390 VERBOSE[6787][C-000004a7] pbx.c: Executing [PAGE1004@app-paging:1] Macro(" - Pastebin.com

Does anybode has any idea / suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks!

The remote side challenged for authentication but your endpoint has no “outbound_auth” configured, so chan_pjsip has no idea of how to authenticate.

This solves the issue indeed.
We also think this is a remote endpoint config issue, however Gigaset N720 does not have a lot of settings to change…

I understand the endpoint is challenging for auth by sending 401 on first invite, and there is no auth ‘configured’, so Asterisk is not sending a second INVITE. But there is totally no issue with just placing a normal call to this extension, in that case there is a second INVITE and all works fine :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked both situations and the first INVITE seems to be OK in both cases (paging + inbound call to extension)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.