Outgoing call ends with cause busy

I am sorry that I am posting this question again. But I am stuck and I don’t know why it happens. I am using freepbx, and my outgoing call always ends up with the cause busy. No errors in asterisk log. I have attached the screenshot of my asterisk log.

I have also attached my pjsip configuration.
pjsip.conf :w3
pjsip.endpoint.conf :w4
pjsip.transport.conf : w5

In the inspector, when I put breakpoint in my function, It gives me the attached information. I don’t know if this information is helpful or not. Please help me if someone knows anything about this. Thank you.!
Ended is my function which gives the cause of call end.
w6

You posted an incoming call.

I’m little bit confused, so are you talking about the image of inspector or freepbx?

No, I’m talking about the screenshot of the Asterisk log you first posted. It’s an inbound call to the PBX not an outbound call from the PBX. Which doesn’t match up with your thread subject.

I apologize for that. If you don’t mind, how can I get the outbound call log on freepbx?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs-PartII

Thank you.

I tried fwconsole dbug and it gave me the following log:

secruitylog

Sorry - that’s not even close. This is someone trying to break into your management console. A problem for sure, but not the busy signal problem

Thank you @cynjut. What can be the cause for busy signal? Do you need any other information?

There are literally hundreds of possible causes for Busy Signals. It could literally be anything from your phone doing it to the call handler at the remote end.

You need to turn on SIP DEBUG (using the appropriate commands for the channel handler you are using) from ‘asterisk -vr’ and watch the console. After that, look at the log in /var/log/asterisk/full to see what kinds of problems were going by during the call.

Note the time - make a call - look at the log. It will happen within a few seconds of trying to place the call. So far, your log extracts have been bad guesses and haven’t shown us a single instance of even you making a call, let alone one ending.

I came through sngrep few days ago and I have been looking into it. It might be an easier way to look at call logs. When I tried to install it yum install sngrep it was already there.

Here are some videos that provide some basic information to start https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFUGApei1vtGu_cbrlKdtkw/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

When the phone was offline I got this:

When I did not answer the call I got this:
did%20not%20answer

It is something to think about

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. I apologize for not providing much information. I am still learning freepbx and asterisk, so I was confused about what information I should provide. I have tried SIP debug and got the log from /var/log/asterisk/full, and I have attached it here:

Thank you giving me this information. I have tried sngrep, and it gave me the following log.

I am trying to figure out why it’s busy.

Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled on the device? It’s returning a 486 Busy which means it thinks it is busy. DND being enabled at the phone level would cause that.

No , my phone doesn’t have DND enabled. It is disabled.

Can it make outbound calls?

I am trying to call from freepbx to my device(iPhone), and it gives me the busy signal. When I try to call from my phone to freepbx device, it goes in the queue.

There’s an OBIHAI trunk in the mix that’s reporting it’s busy. Your OBI is not set up correctly.