No audio (not even echo test, speaking clock) using cloud server


#1

I’ve installed FreePBX 15.0.16.72 on a Vultr server. I went through the FreePBX firewall wizard and used the default/recommended settings. I set up 2 extensions and 1 voip.ms trunk.

My problem is, I cannot get any audio at all. I have set up 2 extensions, registering with a Mitel phone and a cell phone on LTE using the Zoiper app. Both register and can call each other, but there is no audio. When I do an echo test (*43) or a speaking clock (*60), I don’t get any audio either.

I want to say this is some kind of firewall/port problem, but as the Vultr server has a public IP and the Vultr firewall is off, I’m not sure where to look.

Any suggestions?


#2

First, make sure that in Asterisk SIP Settings, External Address and Local Networks are correctly set. Usually, just pressing Detect Network Settings will set them properly. If anything changed, Submit, Apply Config and restart Asterisk.

If no luck, check whether the trunk side has audio, for example route inbound calls to Feature Code Admin -> Echo Test.

If trunk audio fails, at the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
or
sip set debug on
according to trunk type, make a failing call, past the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

If trunk audio is ok, do the above for a call between extensions.


#3

Okay, here it is in Pastebin, with my IP and the server IP sanitized: https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/ecc89396

BTW, routing an inbound call to an echo test works. Routing an inbound call to an extension also results in no audio.


#4

Something still seems wrong with your Asterisk SIP Settings.
o=- 790455249 3 IN IP4 104.145.12.182
This is an address at Sangoma, the default on a new install.
Please go to Asterisk SIP Settings and confirm that External Address shows your Vultr server address. Confirm that you have restarted (not just reloaded) Asterisk after changing it.

If no luck, reboot the entire server, go back to Asterisk SIP Settings and see whether your settings were properly saved.


#5

Ah, great catch!

I actually think that fixed the problem. Thank you so much for the help!