No Alert Info passing through after 14 Upgrades

And that is wrong. It needs to be in the format I specified above.

I missed those brackets. It is now working. What caused these settings to change?

We are now enforcing RFC if it was not RFC before. Your old version, though it worked for you, was against RFC.

Should I change this on all systems including 13?

Yes…

Thanks for your hard work on this. Much is appreciated!

I had this problem occur after the recent batch of module updates all the phohes are Yealink phones and all extensions were configured as PJSIP protocol and after some testing I found that if I changed the extensions to Chan_SIP the alert info was again being passed succesfully.

Please post logs

Sorry I was AFK for several days and did not have the opportunity to update, for anyone finding this thread and having the same problem as me which was PJSIP extensions losing the distinctive ring when the destination is a ring group you need to do the following:

From a telnet - ssh terminal issue the command fwconsole ma list | grep core if you core version is lower shows lower then .46 as below
| core | 14.0.18.45 | Enabled | GPLv3+
You will need to force an update from the edge track as below
fwconsole ma --edge upgrade core
Once completed then issue the command
fwconsole reload
And you will have the distinctive ring back on the members of the ring group.

or you can convert those extensions affected to SIP instead and that will also give you back distinctive ringing.

I hope that this info at least helps one person with this issue.

What is the best way to find out when .46 will be released on the stable track? I’ve got a client that’s having an issue with this but am struggling with the decision to push them to the edge track just in case something else breaks for them but the distinctive ring that this broke is a really important feature for them.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall core --tag 14.0.18.46

fwconsole ma --edge upgrade core

Neitehr of these puts you on the “edge” track, they merely update that one module.

Will it automatically switch to stable once a newer version is available on the stable track? What happens if we regularly run fwconsole ma upgradeall on the phone system, will it just leave that module on the edge track or will it downgrade it back to stable?

Yes, and yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.