We just released an upgrade script for FreePBX Distro Version 1.810.210.57-1. This will upgrade to the latest Asterisk 1.8.10 and Dahdi 2.6
I am working on a Asterisk 10.2 based ISO this week and should have something for early Beta testers late this week. Due to issues we keep seeing with Centos 6.x we will be keeping on Centos 5.7 at this time.
Since I ran the upgrade the Dahdi Module will not load in Asterisk. I get this error
[2012-03-12 19:11:48] WARNING: loader.c:396 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module ‘chan_dahdi.so’: libopenr2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Ok and are you using 32bit or 64bit. Also not sure why you do not have libopenr2 as that is required for dahdi and every other version should have it. Do a yum install libopenr2. Than restart asterisk and dahdi and see if that solves your problem. If so I will add it to the script to make sure that is installed. I just assumed it was installed on all previous systems as mine has it
Ahh yes those old original Beta 1.8.x systems have missing things I have noticed. Those were the original beta releases that we have attempted to take to final. I added a check to make sure it is installed moving forward. Thanks for catching that.
I did try a reboot which did not get things moving.
Just a few minutes ago I ran /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf from the command line and dahdi reappeared after I had done this and restarted asterisk.
I then found that my /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf had been overwritten and my change there to include /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_channels_custom.conf had gone. [By the way I hold my pri and SS7 linkset configs in this included custom file].
I reinserted my include, did a dahdi restart and everything appears to be working as it should be.
I have since restarted asterisk and done a reboot and everything comes back normally.
It does seem that asterisk did not load dahdi correctly, however, I have no real idea why my actions resolved the issue.
I am using this system to test SS7 so it was not in production. I will now watch it to see how it performs with the upgrades.
I went back to Distro version 22.214.171.124, the problem disappeared and voice quality was normal. I have upgraded as far as 126.96.36.199-2 and everything remains good. Tomorrow I will continue the exercise to see if something breaks when Dahdi upgrades from 188.8.131.52 to 2.6 and asterisk from 8.9 to 8.10.