New Distro Version 1.810.210.57-1

Tony,

Took the next step and loaded the script with dahdi upgrade to 2.6, disaster!

The script wiped /etc/dahdi/system.conf and replaced it with the generic file and also wiped /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf and replaced it with a generic file.

I replaced the generic files with my original files, did service dahdi restart from linux command line and dahdi restart from asterisk CLI and restarted asterisk. Everything came up, however, voice quality is poor.

I think this says it all, it seems that the dahdi upgrade to 2.6 is not working correctly and once upgraded something goes wrong with the voice quality.

Perhaps someone else could do some research on this and see if they suffer the same problems.

Now reverting back to Distro 1.89.210.57. to continue testing with my interconnecting carrier who is being very cooperative in letting me make these tests, but can’t expect him to keep this up for very long.

For the moment I can continue testing but once I am sure everything is stable I will need to put the server into production.

Stonet are you using the Dahdi Module in FreePBX to configure the card?

As far as voice quality it would not be anything in the upgrade that would cause an issue like that but an actual problem with dahdi 2.6

I just upgraded from 1.89.210.57-2 to 1.89.210.57-1. When I launch the iSymphony java client it says "The server you are attempting to connect to does not support this client. Try updating your server and client to the same version/revision.

The client is 2.4.0.3099 and the server is 2.4.0 rev 3025.

I am testing FreePBX to replace our old trixbox and iSymphony was not working before the upgrade either. Before the upgrade though I was just getting incorrect username/password. I was using my extension and secret.

Tony

No I do not have the Dahdi Module loaded, I have discovered the hard way that it has more problems than it solves!

I agree that the signs are that the problem is with Dahdi 2.6 but would not go as far as to say it is broken until my experiences have been confirmed by someone else.

I wonder if someone else could give it a try and report.