NEED HELP WITH context=from-pstn-e164-us

Hi,

've a problem with formating Incoming CID .

When i Call from Handy it always cut the “+” from the Number.
My Context is in all config’s >> from-pstn

It change nothing when it to something else - but i don’t want that it do anything with the countrycode

Is there any way to deactivate the e164 permanently? Or what my options? cause when i want call the missed number - the number doesn’t existes cause the number must be +43650xxxxxxxx but it is displayed as 43650xxxxxxxx

Thanks for Help!

The from-pstn context does not manipulate the CALLERID(number) in any way if “Handy” needs a + at the beginning then do that in the Handy trunk , you would need to prepend + to that trunk definition’s dial pattern

hi dicko,

thx for answer but i think u mean other thing.
The Prefix u meant is for DIALING Numbers, but i meant the Incoming Calls on my Extension (Softphone and Hardware-Phone) shows in Display the Incoming Number without the +

Softphone

In the Red Marked u see what i meant. The Purple marked is another Thing i want see but thats not so important.

Many Thanks for Help!

Austrian area code 650 is for cell phones, you need to be able to dial 43650XXX. from your VSP, likely you need to add 00 or strip the initial country code if your VSP needs that, you should consult them.

Yap thats right its from Cellphone.

its only missing the + infront of the number. when i call from cellphone to our askozia the number was shown with the +

so after searching and reading many things i think its cause the e164 parse it away - so i think there must be a option to deactivate it.

or i’m wrong?

Yes, if you don’t refactor the inbound CID then you get what you get , e164 is not pertinent to from-trunk, it is pertinent if you sent it to from-pstn-e164-us, but you really don’t want to do that because you are in Austria, you can modify [from-pstn-e164-us] to [from-pstn-e164-at] and put it in extensions_custom.conf and use that context for inbound calls, if you do that, then reference :-

ok, understand what u mean. But don’t know what the different chars do.
At my search i found an other post from u Inbound E.164 Caller ID - How to change the display format?

but i dont understand how i modify the lines.
Perhaps u can give me an example please.

Thx a lot!

Sorry but thats what google is for, if you need paid support it’s available indirectly as a link at the top of this page :slight_smile:

its ok
no problem so its harder to different the right informations from the *bad OR old informations.
Don’t want support to do this for me, would help to understand for future.

U gave my some good advice - so ThX a lot :wink:

If u 've information how i can hide the string in the purple rectangle it would be awesome!
Cause there so many informations found at google and co, but the most don’t work out of date or corrupt.

Sorry., I have no idea about your “purple thing” is or what you are using as a client

First, you need to decide on a number format for your system – users will dial calls in this format, incoming calls will display in this format, and any contact lists in the system or devices will use this format.

Unless you have special requirements, I recommend that you choose one of these:

Scheme A: 01 222 3333 (a number in Vienna); 00 33 1 2222 3333 (a number in Paris)
Scheme B: 43 1 222 3333 (a number in Vienna); 33 1 2222 3333 (a number in Paris)

Scheme A is usually better for businesses that are mostly domestic, because users dial and see numbers in the same format that their home and mobile phones use. If you do a lot of international business or have extensions in multiple countries, scheme B may be more suitable.

For outgoing, your Outbound Routes should recognize numbers in whatever scheme you choose and in most cases not modify them. For each Trunk, the Dialed Number Manipulation Rules should convert your internal format to whatever your provider requires. That way, a route can fail over to a provider that needs a different number format.

On incoming, any trunk that provides the caller ID in a different format should be routed to a context that rewrites the number to your internal format. If you have multiple trunking providers and they use different formats, you may need to create more than one such context.

If you still have trouble, post your desired internal format, what your trunking provider supplies for caller ID, present code for your context and what goes wrong; we can perhaps help you debug it.

So, tell us about askozia, if you use that as a gateway, you might have a lot of problems with connecting to asterisk did they not sell out to 3CX with all the other guys?

the solution of my problem with the context was => call my SIP Provider an he can modify incoming numbers

works perfect!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.