Multi Language IVR Menu

I’m trying to figure out the best way of changing to a different language in an IVR menu. Here is what I have tried:

1. Went to Admin | System Recordings, created a new IVR recording. Uploaded in both English and French.
  2. Went to Admin | Sound Languages and downloaded all the French language files for my used codecs
  3. Went to Applicatiions | Languages and made sure both English and French appear.
  4. Under the Destination field, set it to use the main time condition which checks for office hours
  5. Went to Applications | IVR and created a new IVR as desired
  6. Option 9 was set to Languages | Frenchin the main IVR
  7. Dial 7777 on a phone and listen to IVR.

When selecting option 9, the system simply replays the same IVR and the system recording languages remain unchanged.

What am I doing wrong with this configuration? Is it necessary to create one IVR per language for each actual IVR? If so, how do I make sure that those IVRs use the correct language from the recordings uploaded under Admin | System Recordings?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

You should make a second ivr with your French message and from the languages options to set the destination to this ivr.
So by pressing 9 the caller will go to the language that you want and from there to the proper ivr with the proper language setting.

No that is wrong. He can use a single IVR for this. That is why we allow a single system recording to have more then one lanugage of the same file

Can you explain how it is done?

The exact steps that the op posted above I just tested and worked fine. add option to IVR to direct to Language module which changes language to french and routes call back to the same IVR as long as you recorded a frech version of your IVR prompt in the same system recording.