Didn’t want to hijack another open thread like the IoTServer module thread for this.
In this case I’m referring to two modules but my point is still valid beyond them. It’s also one I’ve made it the past, non-licensed commercial modules (or even disabled/uninstalled) in the Distro need to stop interjecting their crap when not even licensed (therefore not being used) into the operations of the system.
So I have disabled the Queue Reporting commercial module and fully removed the SIPStation module. Yet after restarting not only FreePBX services but the server itself I still see the following cronjobs:
*/5 * * * * [ -e /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/import_queue_data.php ] && php /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/import_queue_data.php
@daily [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_sipstation_check ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_sipstation_check 2>&1 > /dev/null
So why would I have two cron jobs running for modules that were never licensed and at this point are not even enabled or installed? I mean I also disabled all the UCP related items and the NodeJS server. It took the server restart to stop any related processes from running. Doing the normal ‘fwconsole restart’ to restart all the services didn’t work, the NodeJS stuff kept running.
Let’s be honest here, FreePBX has gotten bloated over the years and this in no way helps. Someone will setup a server based on “running X, Y, Z not doing A, B, C” and then they have no idea that while they aren’t using or have licensed A, B or C all three have still installed and interjected either dialplan or backend processes (cronjobs, etc) that take up resources of the server that no one has accounted for since they aren’t being licensed or used.
And as I’ve discovered, disabling/removing the modules doesn’t actually do a full clean out of all the things it should. The cron jobs surviving the services restart and a server restart show that. Which, like the above, makes the average user think they have “resolved” their issues/needs because everything in the GUI says it’s not installed/enabled but under the hood crap is still running that shouldn’t.