Manual installation of FreePBX 14 with Asterisk 13.27.1 on CentOS 7

Dear All,

Previously, manual installation of FreePBX 14 (freepbx-14.0-latest.tgz) with Asterisk 13.27.1 on CentOS 7 did work based on this guide:

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+14+on+CentOS+7

My impression is that this does no longer work. When trying this on CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1908 (tried multiple times with Ansible script up until installation and configuration of Asterisk), Asterisk does only run immediately after installing FreePBX (i. e. after the ./install -n command). Upon reboot, however, /var/run/asterisk is missing and Asterisk will no longer start the FreePBX way.

Is this observation shared? Can someone recommend a solution?

Regards,

Michael Schefczyk

Is there any reason you are not using the distro? It is derived from centos 7.

I would like even more freedom, in particular to run containers for other audio/video services on the same machine, namely a matrix/synapse home server and a logitech media server. I acknowledge that this is possible on the distro as well. What does not run as well on the distro is Nagios, for example to check for a reboot required after kernel updates.

Asterisk does start when one uses the systemd script provided at the bottom of the instructions quoted. However, I have one CentOS 7 machine installed months ago which has no systemd script plus no chkconfig start of asterisk (chkconfig --list shows “no” in all fields) on which Asterisk does start anyway in a fully reliable manner. I would very much like to understand the difference in behavior.

Not sure about others in the forum, but I prefer to deploy FreePBX servers that only perform as PBXs and nothing else. On SNG7, which is the distro derived from redhat/centos 7, Asterisk is not started by either chckconfig or systemd, it is started by the fwconsole command, if I recall correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.