Load iso FreePBX prblem

YES…finally found a computer that is loading the program, yea. Thank all for your suggestions. Guess the better questions to follow! :smile:

Ok, so now que

Ok so now question of the day! I installed the isofile and now I am at a prompt asking for FreePBX name and password. Won’t let me go anywhere else on the screen. Does not recognize my FreePBX website name and password. What do it do?

you are at the console after the installation completed?
Then you would use root for the user, and the password you chose during the iso installation.

I did the automatic upload and it told me the default password is sangomadefaultpassword. But it never gave me or asked me for a login name?

No, the username is “root” (without the quotes) and the password is “SangomaDefaultPassword” (without quotes but note capitalization). See Sangoma Documentation .

I downloaded iso newest version 1805-1. Set up using automatic setup which gave me default password sangomadefaultpassword. In FreePBX login: I typed in root, root/root, admin, admin/admin…none of these work…under password won’t even let me type anything?

At the login prompt, type “root” without the quotes and press enter. You should then see a Password: prompt.
Carefully type “SangomaDefaultPassword” without the quotes. The characters you type will not appear on the screen but they are being read. Use proper capitalization (unless you are sure that the all-lower-case one that you posted is correct). After typing the password press enter. With luck you will get logged in. If no luck, post a screenshot and details of what happened.

Worked! Thanks

You all have been wonderful, this is great community. Question: on the server is this a static IP or will it change if I connect it to another network? Can I sign into it on a computer on another network… not sure if I did the proper authorization setting up security as the wording was a little confusing.
Also does my computer modem, security wall, and router all have to be on same static IP (makes sense).

By default, it is set to DHCP, so if you connect your server to a new network, it will get a new IP.

If you have access from that network to the network your PBX is on.

Everything is well documented, you can go back at any time and make changes.

… The below applies to this.

Hi Stewart, while back you helped me log into freepbx server computer with root and password SangomaDefaultPassword. I relocated this computer to my network and the password is now NOT working. Any suggestions what to do next! Thanks

Problem solved internet cable issue!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.