Let's encrypt error:No registration exists matching provided key

I’ve installed the SysAdmin Pro commercial module and trying to obtain a let’s encrypt certificate. I’ve followed some tips for a couple of years ago on the forums and still haven’t had any luck. I’m receiving the error: There was an error updating the certificate: HTTP Challenge for x.x.x [redacted] is not available. Whole response: {“type”:“urn:acme:error:unauthorized”,“detail”:“No registration exists matching provided key”,“status”:403}

I’ve made sure the firewall is not blocking the request and even see a request from let’s encrypt in the httpd logs: x.x.x.x [redacted] - - [10/Oct/2019:16:06:56 -0700] “GET /.freepbx-known/7aee364bdd
73fd8baad862f502943d29 HTTP/1.1” 200 32 “-” “-” so I assume that part is working. However, the same error.

Any suggestions?

Try this this thread

I found at least one solution in there for it when I ran into a similar issue (and not the marked solution.

I have the same issue when I try to generate the let’s encrypt certificate I get an error

my certificate manager version is 14.0.4
I’ve tried the suggestion to delete /etc/asterisk/keys/ _account but that did not work and The Wizard
did add exceptions to the FreePBX firewall and there is no other firewall on Vultr VPS
I did the same process on a different server a few months ago and everything worked fine

upgrade certman to edge mode and try again

1 Like

I’ve upgraded the certificate manager module to edge and it works,
my problem was I assume that 14.0.4 was already newer then 13.0.36.11
that was in the different article, thank you very much

No problem. Someone else turned me on to the solution so I’ll pass the credit on

1 Like

You can try to upgrade last version on CLI

fwconsole ma downloadinstall certman --tag 14.0.5

1 Like

this just fixed my issues not being able to create a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate.

Been having the same problem. After upgrading to the 14.05 I get:
There was an error updating the certificate: 15859820.deployments.pbxact.com already exists!

Hi @Scion Pls try to open support ticket for investigation your DDNS conflict issue. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.