Issue with xmpp/letschat


(John Satterfield) #1

Server: FreePBX 14.0.13.40
XMPP: 14.0.1.20

I have used XMPP for years on this server. In recent months, this has stopped working. The symptom is that users can login and show as online, but, as soon as a user attempts to send a message to another user, the server immediately goes offline.

For troubleshooting, I tried using an outside java xmpp webclient: https://inverse.chat. The user could easily login, shows online, and sees other users who are online. As soon as a message is sent, the web page closes with the error " Connection failure Sorry, we could not connect to the XMPP host with domain: “sp-voip.infolocity.net

Logging in again restores the connection until a message is again attempted.

I tried uninstalling and deleting the local copy of XMPP and then reinstalling. The behavior is the same. I tried stopping mongodb and removing the letschat files and reinstalling the XMPP app. No help. Sending from any account to another account causes the server to lose connection. I even re-ran the firewall configuration to see if there was an issue there. Still no help.

Thoughts, anyone?
TIA!
John

"


(KlausVonGoat) #2

Dont have much more to contribute but same problem here but with Pidgin. Noticed it today when I went to send some chats. Coincidentally it seems that there were a bunch of updated modules too.


(KlausVonGoat) #3

Hey John, I have been having the same problem. I run a small company so all the IT support has to be done by me. With that caveat I pulled the XMPPlogs which led me down this rabbit hole. Every time I go to send a chat msg and get disconnected these entries are made. I dont know if it is related but I noticed that after the modules had been updated I started having this problem. Perhaps to a more knowledgeable person this makes sense? It seems that perhaps the mongoDB needss an update?

2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of null
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/lets-chat/app/controllers/usermessages.js:30:23
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at arrayEach (/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:516:11)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at Function.forEach (/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:9368:14)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at Core. (/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/lets-chat/app/controllers/usermessages.js:24:11)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at emitMany (events.js:152:20)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at Core.emit (events.js:224:7)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at UserMessageManager. (/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/lets-chat/app/core/usermessages.js:25:19)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at model.Query. (/var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/mongoose/lib/model.js:4093:16)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/kareem/index.js:273:21
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/node/node_modules/kareem/index.js:131:16
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:132:7)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:181:9)
2020-11-09 14:34 -05:00: (node:6358) DeprecationWarning: open() is deprecated in mongoose >= 4.11.0, use openUri() instead, or set the useMongoClient option if using connect() or createConnection().See :mongoosejs.com/docs/4.x/docs/connections.html#use-mongo-client


(John Satterfield) #4

Klaus: I agree with you completely that the problem seems centered around the mongod system. That is why I even removed the xmpp app, removed the letschat mongo files, reinstalled the xmpp app, and tested again. No help.

I was hoping that there was a database issue with some missed change during the app updates. I was hoping a fresh install of xmpp would help. I haven’t gotten anywhere yet.

I could not uninstall and reinstall the mongo instance from the command line. It reports dependencies for the freepbx system (If I recall correctly). I still hope someone can point us in the right direction.

Hard to believe we are the only two using this feature… :slight_smile:


(KlausVonGoat) #5

Based on the log file that I am reading and the direction to use the “new” connection logic if you could modify the configuration file with this “useMongoClient: true”. it will allow the connection. I am hesitant to do this because I would assume that sangoma would have updated everything and I dont know if I am chasing a red herring. I also dont know what other impact that would have. Take a look at your XMPP_err.log and see if it says the same thing as mine that I posted. It gives a link to go to which I cant post because I am new. But check the last line in my log print out. It says See: Just make that a web URL and it will take you to the documentation.