FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Issue instlling G729 codec

(Michael Brannelly) #1

Hi all, getting the following error when installing G729 digium codec on FreePBX 14.03.13

MBICPBX01*CLI> module load codec_g729a.so
Unable to load module codec_g729a.so
Command ‘module load codec_g729a.so’ failed.
[2018-10-27 05:37:03] WARNING[7050]: loader.c:583 load_dlopen: Error loading module ‘codec_g729a.so’: /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/codec_g729a.so: undefined symbol: __ast_cli_register_multiple
[2018-10-27 05:37:03] WARNING[7050]: loader.c:1182 load_resource: Module ‘codec_g729a.so’ could not be loaded.

Any hints?

(Tom Ray) #2

Is this a manual install?

(Michael Brannelly) #3

wht do you mean exactly? im installing the codec as per the instructions from digium. the instance is a freepbx install

(Tom Ray) #4

Did you install via the ISO or follow the instructions to install manually?

Sounds like you’re missing devel packages.

(Michael Brannelly) #5

ISO install

(Lorne Gaetz) #6

If you are following the Digium txt file included with the download, it may have assumed that you are installing on a 32 bit system, and the so file got copied to the wrong directory.

(Michael Brannelly) #7

Ive copied it to the correct lib64.already

(Andrew Nagy) #8

What version of asterisk

(Michael Brannelly) #9

From the logs I posted you can se that it is having issues with the contents of the file, indicating that it was able to locate it.

(Michael Brannelly) #10

(Michael Brannelly) #11

I just downloaded the latest asterisk freepbx distro, created a vm and installed it. I then tried to install the codec on that machine, same outcome. Hs anyone installed this on freepbx?

(Andrew Nagy) #12

That’s freepbx. What version of asterisk

(Michael Brannelly) #13

(Tom Ray) #14

Just out of curiosity, what is the need for g729?

(Michael Brannelly) #15

refer to this thread