Installing sysadmin 2.11.0.23

I’m on Asterisk (Ver. 1.8.12.0)
Although I’m running on the Distro, I have no idea what version of FreePBX I’m on!

Received
Please wait while module actions are performed

2.5.1 1 ERROR: Unable to install sysadmin. The sysadmin RPM you have installed is too old. Please update the sysadmin rpm via the command line, using yum install sysadmin
Error(s) installing sysadmin:
Failed to run installation scripts

When I try to install sysadmin from the command line it reports that 2.5.1 is the latest (surprise?) while the Module Administration reports 2.11.0.17 is installed… (is the sysadmin 2.5.1 a linux sysadmin?)

Anyhow, module sysadmin is now disabled “Pending upgrade to 2.11.0.23”.

I don’t know why I cannot remove my message (struggling to remember how I last did it)…
In any case, this subject is discussed elsewhere so no point in responding here.

It fixed itself last night

i suspect there was something it needed to download

thank you

I tried this on two machines.
Originally had sysadmin x.9
On running the module Admin upgrade process it keeled over on Sysadmin x.23

These 5 lines sorted me out from the console.

yum install lsof
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin -f download sysadmin
yum install sysadmin
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin upgrade sysadmin
amportal a r

Had me worried for a bit there, but now I can get some sleep.
Hope this helps any others.

I am having the same problems. I have tried what hiddenvision suggested but I still get the same message

Module sysadmin successfully downloaded
2.5.1 1
ERROR: Unable to install sysadmin. The sysadmin RPM you have installed is too old. Please update the sysadmin rpm via the command line, using yum install sysadmin
The following error(s) occured:

• Failed to run installation scripts

If i do a yum install sysadmin I get
Package sysadmin-2.5.1-1.noarch already installed and latest version

I currently have 2.11.0.19 installed

Any ideas?
THanks

Since attempting the above I am now receiving the following every hour via email:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sysadmin_get_crititcal_storage() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/bin/storage.php on line 9

Hi Scooby,
On the first box I updated I removed the sysadmin module completely from the web module admin screen, I do not think it helped apart from deleting my currently saved settings for that module.! That was more a PANIC move when the first box failed the update, I also manually deleted the sysadmin RPM in the PBX folder on box 1.
Sorry I cannot remember the full path, but I shall try to remember if required.!

Then on both machines I just ran those commands individually, I did not run them together as some needed answering/confirming.
If you just copied and pasted the complete 5 then try them one at a time.

Having experimented with the first box, doing the second box I did nothing strange apart from update all the modules except the sysadmin one and then just simply ran the 5 commands stated above.

Sorry I cannot be much more help, I get the feeling that perhaps upgrading from different versions may produce different situations. If I knew more about the various processes I guess I would be able to spot exactly where the problem happens and be able to suggest a more rounded solution.

I can confirm that my boxes are now running all the latest releases.
So somehow this issue can be worked around.

Hv.

I also have this problem. Can it be solved without losing my FreeBPX setup ?

If I do a 'yum install sysadmin’
I get the following error:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
http://yum.freepbxdistro.org/centos/5.7/addons/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: addons. Please verify its path and try again

I’m not at all a Linux Expert so any help would be appreciated…

Hi

If you could let me know the directory the rpm was in then I can try that. Maybe deleting the rpm that’s there forces it to download the new? - Not sure but definatly worth a try.

What settings would I loose if I uninstalled the module?

I have just ran

/var/lib/asterisk/module_admin delete sysadmin

Then followed your commands above but still no joy. Luckily this all happened on my backup pbx and not the primary, phew!

It’s very difficult to try to help you if, at very first, you’re not able to provide the very basic info of your running system:

• Is it a FreePBX Distro or not? If the answer is “Yes, It is” which version is it? If the answer is “No, it isn’t” then describe your system in terms of Linux distribution and FreePBX version.
  • Which version of FreePBX your system is running?
  • Which architecture (32bit/64bit)?
  • Did you ever updated it within its version?
  • What is your repolist (do perform a: “yum repolist”)?
  • Did you tried a: “yum clean all” then a “rpm --rebuilddb” and then a “yum install sysadmin” (eventually)?
  • What is (if any) the result of: “cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version” of the result of: “cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version”

AFAIK the error (yum install error) your system is facing is due to a bad repository URL (or, better, due to a good one that point to a not useful place your system uses to look for packages to install/upgrade).

From the URL you posted I would mark your system (correct me if I am wrong) as: CentOS 5.7 32 bit based FreePBX installation.

It’s not a matter of being (or not) a Linux expert…but, at least, it’s matter of being able to know your system’s basic in a way sufficient enough to interact with it at any level (from CLI to GUI).

Please, have also a look on the other threads about sysadmin issue (in particular when this one happened on EoL systems). Use the Forum “Search” feature…but, if you look carefully, latest thread are mostly about sysadmin and some are specifically about it when FreePBX was deployed on old CentOS 5.x (or FreePBX Distro) distributions/tracks.

Also consider to read this Wiki page (with sub-pages) too (if you have a FreePBX Distro…).

I’ve checked the path and there is not folder like x86_64 under http://yum.freepbxdistro.org/centos/5.7/addons/
i don’t want to modify repos since it might cause unknown problems etc…

“RPM Too Old” message.

Remove and re-install via yum results in 2.6.1-14 being installed. Reviewed posts on this message, but can’t resolve via GUI or CLI. CLI:

" /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin upgrade sysadmin
Downloading 186809 of 186809 (100%)

Untaring…Done
Module sysadmin successfully downloaded
2.6.1 14_centos5
ERROR: Unable to install sysadmin. The sysadmin RPM you have installed is too old. Please update the sysadmin rpm via the command line, using yum install sysadmin
The following error(s) occured:

• Failed to run installation scripts
    [root@vms1 ~]# yum install sysadmin
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    Setting up Install Process
    Package sysadmin-2.6.1-14_centos5.noarch already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do"

Any recommendations?

yum clean all