Inbound Call Center Using FreePBX

Ok,

I am trying to setup a call center for a friend of mine. I have built for her an i5 desktop with 8GB RAM, two 500GB HDD’s in RAID1, an H77 motherboard, two extra NIC’s for inbound lines carrying three phone lines each from a patch panel I installed, and the onboard NIC I am using for the outbound to go to a switch which will then have the phones plugged into it.

So, I installed FreePBXDistro in a VirtualBox. I now need to setup DHCP, and get the phones working.

I don’t have a lot of networking experience and I have almost zero telephony experience.

Where do I begin? I have been reading and every place I go to tells me different information. Please, someone save me.

Yeah, I am overspec. I know. But what I think I really need help with is getting CentOS configured for DHCP so my phones pick up their IP’s and I can get calls coming in to the phones. This is priority one. I can get the rest going over time but this is the biggest priority. I just need those phones ringing.I have a laptop connected to the switch so I can log into the box but I cant see the box because it doesnt have an IP yet.

HELP!!!

“two extra NIC’s for inbound lines carrying three phone lines each from a patch panel I installed, and the onboard NIC I am using for the outbound to go to a switch which will then have the phones plugged into it.”

Question are you trying to run “inbound” analog ports into a network port?

Read this article for more information on FXO ports: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FA/Telephony+Options

I believe it is an analog phone line. There are two cat5 cables coming in. Each support three phone lines.

The phone company had the two cat5 lines separated into rj11 outlets. There were three per cat5 line. Each box per cat5 line had two with two wires and the third with 4 wires.