Inbound anonymous calls

Hi,

if someone calls anonymously then the server IP of the freePBX appears on our devices. How and where can I change the example “Anonymous” and not the server IP of the freePBX. In the log it says “CALLERID(name)=”), I just don’t know how I can manipulate this. The easiest way was to enter the “” equals “Anonymous” in the phonebook but that is not possible because the incoming number must have something in it. Thanks for the help or where I have to change that.

By the way the connection is based on pjsip.

so long

This is not normal. Possibly, your trunking provider is sending something unusual on anonymous calls, your caller ID processing e.g. Superfecta is not handling it right, or the user’s device is doing something strange.

How are onymous calls handled now (carrier supplies name, you use a lookup source, you use Superfecta, names are not shown)? What country are you in? Who is the trunking provider? What devices are displaying the misleading caller ID?

You may wish to look in detail at what happens on an anonymous call. At the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
call in anonymously, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

Hi,

the provider is Telefonica o2 Business Germany, they use the Asterisk phone book as well as the phone book on the Yealink T46s, Superfecta is on standard there I did nothing there.

I send you a private message with the pastebin because I don’t want to clean the numbers. Through the pjsip log I can now see what happens when an anonymous call comes in, but why it is written like that I can’t explain.

so long

On anonymous calls, Telefonica is sending null strings for number and name. This is unusual; most providers send ‘anonymous’, ‘0’ or some other distinct value.

You could put a custom context in extensions_custom.conf with something like:

[from-Telefonica]
exten => _.,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" != ""]?cidok) 
exten => _.,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=anonym) 
exten => _.,n(cidok),Goto(from-pstn,${EXTEN},1)

then change the Context for the trunk to from-Telefonica

I have not tested the above and it may have some errors, but should be useful as a guide.

1 Like

Hi,

I implemented it that way and it worked right away. Thank you very much for the quick help.

Greetings

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.