How to configure pickup groups?

I would like to know how I can configure the extensions to pick up calls from each other.

Thanks in advance!.

When you set up the extensions, create pickup groups (numbered from 1 to whatever) and assign the extensions to the groups. Anyone in the group can pick up a call in that group using the “call pickup” function.

If you’d rather, you can use “directed call pick up”, where you dial the DCP function code and the extension that’s ringing.

is it possible to do this in the FreePBX 2.11.0.43 interface?

Of course it is. It’s been possible since FreePBX 1.4. Did you even look? Go into your extension configuration and set up the call pickup groups. The only way I could have it simpler is if I moved the mouse for you and typed on the keyboard.

It worked, thank you!

This version is long past end of life. I recommend you put a plan in place to get upgraded to a supportable version.

Really it is old, I will work to update as soon as possible.

If you are planning to upgrade to a new distro this procedure is very useful: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool. It works for more than just Elastix and PBXinaFlash and can handle old FreePBX distros as well.

I believe the content will be useful, thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.