Help With Queue Penalties

Hello,

I recently purchased a VQ+ license and am trying to configure queue penalties to escalate incoming calls that are not being answered in a timely manner. Basically I have various specialties that all have a primary engineer and backup person available so I have a queue configured for each and I would want Extension 1 to ring for 20 seconds and then start ringing both extension 1 & 2 until the call is answered or the timeout is reached. My main issue is that i’m a little foggy trying to understand the documentation but I tried several things to make this work

Initial Config:

• Extension 1 = Penalty 0
  • Extension 2 = Penalty 1
  • Agent Timeout = 20
  • Ring Strategy = ringall
  • Penalty Rule Timeout = 20
  • Max Penalty Change = 1
  • Min Penalty Change = 0
  • Queue Raise Penalty = 1

With this config it immediately starts ringing extension 1 & 2 simultaneously, is there someone out there that can help me understand this with a little more clarity and possibly get this configuration working?

You need to define a queue rule. Initial max and min will be zero and only your zero penalty agents will ring. Once you define a queue rule with min, max and raise penalties set to 1, both your zero and one agents will ring.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Queue+Penalty+Rules

Hello @lgaetz

So that was my initial configuration, here a rundown of what ive tried in my Queue Penalty Rule:

Max Penalty Change = 1
Min Penalty Change = 1
Queue Raise Penalty = 1
*Queue Lazy Members Set to No
####### Call keeps ringing penalty 0 extension and never escalates

Max Penalty Change = 1
Min Penalty Change = 0
Queue Raise Penalty = 1
*Queue Lazy Members Set to No
####### Call keeps ringing penalty 0 extension and never escalates

Max Penalty Change = 1
Min Penalty Change = 1
Queue Raise Penalty = 1
*Queue Lazy Members Set to Yes
####### Call Rings Extension 1, then starts extension 2 but stops ringing 1

Max Penalty Change = 1
Min Penalty Change = 0
Queue Raise Penalty = 1
*Queue Lazy Members Set to Yes
####### Call Rings Extension 1, then starts extension 2 but stops ringing 1

BUMP

Any help would be appreciated!

BUMP

@lgaetz Would you be able to provide any additional input?

Was the queue ring strategy set to something else, and then it was changed? If so, restart asterisk.

I’m still on vacation this week, and can’t confirm your report until I’m back at work. If the queue behavior is not working as described in the wiki, open a commercial module ticket.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.