HardWare Requirement for 400 Users

does anyone knows that I have core I5 and 4 GB RAM with 500 GB, its enough to support 400 users or not and how many concurrent calls I can get

thanks

The important parameter for sizing the hardware is the amount of concurrent calls. You can use http://sipp.sourceforge.net/ to test your server.

+1 on SIPp. But be aware that if calls are e.g. transcoding to/from Opus, using encryption, being recorded and listening for DTMF, the resources required per call are more than 10 times higher than if media is simply being passed through.

Just guessing, I’d estimate ~70 concurrent calls for the simplest case, down to 5 for the worst case. Transcoding is by far the biggest resource hog, with Opus being the worst.

For a meaningful test, you must set up call flow similar to what you will use in production.

@ [arielgrin]

Actually, i tested i did the same scenario but give me an error, i don’t know its working or not, do you have any idea about the below error.

------------------------------ Scenario Screen -------- [1-9]: Change Screen –
Call-rate(length) Port Total-time Total-calls Remote-host
10.0(10000 ms)/1.000s 5061 11.04 s 110 192.168.1.137:5060(UDP)

10 new calls during 1.004 s period 1 ms scheduler resolution
0 calls (limit 300) Peak was 1 calls, after 0 s
0 Running, 112 Paused, 14 Woken up
0 dead call msg (discarded) 0 out-of-call msg (discarded)
3 open sockets

Messages  Retrans   Timeout   Unexpected-Msg
  INVITE ---------->         110       0         0
     100 <----------         0         0         0         110
     180 <----------         0         0         0         0
     183 <----------         0         0         0         0
     200 <----------  E-RTD1 0         0         0         0
     ACK ---------->         0         0
   Pause [    10.0s]         0                             0
     BYE ---------->         0         0         0
     200 <----------         0         0         0         0

------ [+|-|*|/]: Adjust rate ---- [q]: Soft exit ---- [p]: Pause traffic -----

Last Error: Aborting call on unexpected message for Call-Id '110-26090@1.

After determining the users and concurrent calls, I usually compare what FreePBX/PBXact is putting in their boxes, hardware-wise. Then I have a starting point to build off of.

https://www.freepbx.org/store/freepbx-appliances/

As others have already mentioned, be aware any transcoding and call recording requirements. That can drive resources up.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.