FreePBX Zulu Problems

It’s hard trying to find a solution that works these days 3CX is no better actually. I’m leaning towards 3CX at this point since limited their features, at least the chats don’t disappear when the start needs to restart.

Here are a few problems using Zulu out of the box:

• Zulu Client: v3.3.0+67 © Sangoma
  • Zulu Mobile Client: v1.0.4.331 © Sangoma
  • Zulu Server: 14.0.57.7 © Sangoma
  • PBX: v14.0.13.6 © Sangoma

Chat issues:

• Chat disappears when Zulu server is reset (I checked and also removed from the chats list in Admin CP) Restart != Reset
  • Can not rename chatroom if name includes capital letters or spaces
  • Group chats started on desktop can not see on mobile Linked to below group chats
  • Mobile android app does not have group chat support??
  • On windows, clicking the conference call button displays message ‘starting conference call’ but I can not cancel it, and it does not start anything
  • Call log is inside the chat tab?!

Phone issues:

• [Solved] Zulu call out can not send audio, only hear audio added stun
  • [-] Windows can not call out, if I hit the call button, it beeps and doesn’t even say call ended, just goes back to before I started dialing Zulu not detecting audio devices. There is no error saying “no audio device found”
  • [New] Zulu not detecting audio devices

Can anyone shed some light on these issues? I’m completely sold and ready to scream ‘take my money’ based on the solid concept. If only everything worked as promised. For me, Zulu is non-functional. Not even partially functional.

1 Like

What mobile client ( iOS or Android ) are you using and have you looked at any of the debug avail for desktop or mobile ?

Desktop
*Ctrl-l dumps log to desktop
*Ctrl-i webrtc debug

Mobile

• Enable debug under account
  • Android app.

Was on my office PC at work. But was trying to download for my home Mac But…

I will update tomorrow when I get to work.

I think the main Zulu page sangoma(dot)com/products/zulu/ should at least include a link to the client downloads. Especially when it already has a ‘Downloads’ section

From windows client when trying to call extension 200:

October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: unable to acquire streams
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: {}
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: error removing streams
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: {"code":8,"name":"SESSION_DESCRIPTION_HANDLER_ERROR","type":32,"method":"acquire","error":{}}
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: error adding stream
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: {"code":8,"name":"SESSION_DESCRIPTION_HANDLER_ERROR","type":32,"method":"acquire","error":{"code":8,"name":"SESSION_DESCRIPTION_HANDLER_ERROR","type":32,"method":"acquire","error":{}}}
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - debug: Event SIPSESSION_FAILED is for a pre-existing session f62724a7-ff2e-44d7-8f75-40e782f931d1 on 6a60f9e5-b511-4437-8e5f-b3954b69e60d
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - debug: c - l - o - s - i - n - g -   - P - e - e - r - C - o - n - n - e - c - t - i - o - n
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - info: Session f62724a7-ff2e-44d7-8f75-40e782f931d1 for account 6a60f9e5-b511-4437-8e5f-b3954b69e60d has been destroyed. Unbinding to events.
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: Actions - interactions - createInteraction - Bad Request
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:28 am - error: Actions - sipsessions - doMakeCall - Bad Request
October 23rd 2019, 11:08:32 am - debug: Reducers - app - APP_SETTINGS_SHOW

When updating chat group name:

October 23rd 2019, 11:14:19 am - debug: Webapi - interaction - updateGroup - 6a60f9e5-b511-4437-8e5f-b3954b69e60d - 1b1550b5-aff0-4ff7-9a59-90497d0e0b86 - WSD Direct - Something
October 23rd 2019, 11:14:19 am - error: Actions - interactions - updateGroupInteraction - The group attributes could not be updated

Look, I don’t mind if I have to go to another page/control panel to update the group names, but where can I do that?

I’ve realized that the android app does not support group chats right? The call log and chats are squeezed into a single tab…

I’m still wondering if it’s possible to have access to a proper Zulu changelog? If this is by design it would be good to know so I can stop looking! :wink:

Tim, any update on this topic? [New] Zulu not detecting audio devices
I have the same issue on a Linux implementation.

We will decide between 10 licenses of this or Bria next week and I can’t go with this if is not going to work.

Hey Julio (@masterch13),

Wanna open another thread (and feel free to mention me) with the issues you have on Linux?

I am using ZD on Linux and it works well, (and my set-up is quite tricky Arch Linux + awesome + pulseaudio + bluetooth headset (Bose QC35)) … so open a new thread (as this is very old) and let’s see the facts in there.

Thanks.

Thanks, will do right now.

@masterch13 Don’t forget to mention me there so I can keep track!

Appreciate the help, my setup will be with wireless headsets too.

It was a permission problem in the end. Try running as administrator. However we went with 3CX in the end. TBH I’m no tech slouch, but after deploying Zulu, as the tech department head, it made me look like a fool for choosing it. Alpha stage software at best. Not even beta. So may things just didn’t work. Not saying that it won’t, but I don’t have time to deploy 50 stations and diagnose problems for 25 of them. It wasn’t as Steve Jobs would put it “it just works”. Man hours calculated, 3CX made more sense. Flawless from get go. Zulu 2 is okay for some things, Zulu 3 has other working features. Nothing ever fully worked without hassle though. Hope you make the right choice and don’t need to go through the 2 weeks of hell I did

1 Like

Thanks Tim!

Tried running zulu as root on my SuSe rig. Do not make any difference. The windows 10 installations are working fine.

Dont know if you like me to open a new tread for this. Just found that running on iOS 13.3.1 the client hangup or crash while doing outside calls. It work perfect internally between extensions or conf. rooms.

Two different devices: On device #1 the app just crash after 1 sec.
On device #2 the call drops but the app still active.

Hello @masterch13

Please don’t use this thread (as it’s already old and issues are non-related), the bugs you mentioned are being fixed on version 1.0.9 and we will be rolling an update soon).

Thanks.

One of my users with Windows 10 1909 using Sony bluetooth headsets presents no audio on the headphones only on the Zulu app. Mic on the headsets works fine.

Outside the Zulu app all audio flow perfect to the headsets.

It require me to config the Zulu app to send audio to speakers and keep MIC from the headsets.

I see. Thanks for the update.

Can I confirm all the following issues not crossed out are fixed? I’ll cross them out if so.

I’m not trying to give anyone a hard time, but Zulu did waste a lot of my time and since support is only available for paid customers and I was trialing to make sure everything worked, this is the only place people setting up can use, I don’t want anyone else have to suffer the same

Chat issues:

• Can not rename chatroom if name includes capital letters or spaces
  • On windows, clicking the conference call button displays message ‘starting conference call’ but I can not cancel it, and it does not start anything
  • Call log is inside the chat tab?!

Phone Issues:

• [New] Zulu not detecting audio devices. There is no error saying “no audio device found”

@avelasquez

Does it show up on the list? My previous issue was that it didn’t show up on the list at all.

Try making a call to yourself using input method “Stereo Mix” and play something on the computer. See if you can hear anything. I assume PC speakers can hear the other end?

Headsets works on any application available on the computer to manage sound, in and out.
On Zulu, Audio works perfect through speakers and internal MIC.
On Zulu both internal audio devices and headsets show on the list.
On Zulu, using the headsets, there ins audio in (mic) but no audio out, the level indicator on the windows audio mixes show the presence of audio on that channel it is just like the audio is not been sent to the headsets while in Zulu.

Some kind of glitch handling the Bluetooth. Now, at this time I can’t try any other type of Bluetooth device on the same computer or replicate using the same Bluetooth on another computer. All users on quarantine.