FreePBX Queue Doesn't Ring All Users in Queue

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently taken over as the FreePBX admin for my company and I’m running into an issue with one of our queues. We’re running FreePBX v. 13.0.192.18.

When a caller dials our main line, they hit an IVR menu with two options: 1 for sales and 2 for support. Both options link to time conditions. The only difference between the two time conditions is which queue the call should be routed to.

The two queues are also configured nearly identically. They are both static agent queues and the only difference between them is which agents (extensions) are included.

The sales queue only rings one of the three extensions that are included in the configuration. It should ring to all three extensions.

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot our configuration to determine the root cause of the issue. Any guidance that you can give me on next steps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Alex

check the ring strategy setting in the queue. make sure it is set to ringall

Hi Bob,

Thanks for responding! I’ve verified that the ring strategy setting in the affected queue is set to ‘ringall’.

Is there anything else that you would check or any type of log we could analyze to see calls are even making it to the queue at all?

Best,
Alex

are all the extensions internal or are you routing out to cell phones or something outside the office. the fastest way to see what is going on is to tail the asterisk full log file. as a call comes in you can see what the system is doing and why it is not ringing the other phones

Hi Bob,

All of the extensions are internal extensions. The extensions do have follow me configured to ring external cell phones if a call goes unanswered for more than 30 seconds.

Can you point me toward instructions for tailing the asterisk log? I have full administrator access to the FreePBX server via Putty.

Best,
Alex

These two sentences should never be in the same post.

With full administrator rights comes a certain level of responsibility. One of those is that you can use the tools for the site you administer. One of those tools is “man”, as in “man tail”.

To help you out this once - the command is “tail -F /var/log/asterisk/full”. It will watch the end of the file in real time and display everything that gets written to the file.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs

Dave and Lorne,

Thank you. I’ve obtained a verbose log of an inbound sales call. I’ve taken a cursory look through the log and it seems like the sales queue is trying to ring several extensions that are not listed as static queue agents. Where to from here?

I’m happy to share the relevant portion of the log file, but it seems to be too big to paste into this web-based text editor. Is there a better method of attaching or sharing the log file?

Best,
Alex

Have you simply tried recreating the queue. I would create a new queue with all the necessary setting and point your time condition to it. A lot easier possibly than having to troubleshoot and figure out what’s going on with the original.

The new queue did the trick. Thanks, everyone!

-Alex