FreePBX conversion tool errors adding users (usernam)

conversiontool
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fafc1665ad0>

#1

I followed the steps listed HERE as I start attempting a move from an older x86 version of the FreePBX Distro to the latest x64 version.

I ran into a few issues. The most noticeable issue looked like this;

All modules imported.
Running module ‘customappsreg’ command ‘fwconsole ma install customappsreg’ … Complete!
Running module ‘pagingpro’ command ‘fwconsole ma install pagingpro’ … Complete!
Running module ‘userman’ command ‘fwconsole ma install userman’ … Complete!
Adding user 101 (General Voicemail) … User created (Note: No email address!) with password SomethingRandom
Adding user 104 (AP VM) … User created (Note: No email address!) with password SomethingRandom
Adding user 501 (Conference RM1) … User created (Note: No email address!) with password SomethingRandom
Adding user 502 (Conference RM2) … User created (Note: No email address!) with password SomethingRandom
Adding user 503 (Reception) … User created (Note: No email address!) with password SomethingRandom
…rest of extensions
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function updateGroup() on null in /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/Userman.clas4
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to a member function updateGroup() on null in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/lass.php on line 1934
Stack trace:

  1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/Userman.class.php:1934
    Cleaning up…Done!

The source PBX has Active Directory setup as the directory for all it’s users and groups, which are then assigned to extensions. The new PBX obviously didn’t have that directory setup since I didn’t see any information that it needed to be. So when I went into user management on the new PBX the users were all listed as “FreePBX Directory” users. I’m thinking this might be what the issue above is about?

Furthermore no voicemail settings were brought over for the extensions. Voicemail is turned off, no emails listed, and this is also causing certain “destinations” to fail since they point to voicemails.

Interesting after I added the active directory connection in the users showed up and they appeared to update in the users extensions. However the voicemail issues remain.

What should I do? I want to get Is it possible to “rerun” the conversion tool? Perhaps with the AD directory stuff setup first maybe it might work better?

Also, it appears my customer system recordings weren’t transferred either.

Also, if I try to click “intrusion detection” under System Admin I get an whoops error page.


(Lorne Gaetz) #2

Apart from the AD wrinkle, I believe all your issues are known limitations of the conversion tool and are enumerated in this thread: How to: Upgrade FreePBX13 to FreePBX14 on Hyper V - Guide


#3

Thanks I’ve fixed these problems and now have a whole new bigger problem to open a ticket about. :roll_eyes:

This is ridiculous. And I’ve not even gotten to the fun part, old commercial modules.


(system) closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.