FreePBX Blocking IP Randomly

So this only happens with one site, I’ve whitelisted the IP and also disabled responsive firewall as it seemed to be blocking it every 24 hours. Now 2 weeks later once again the system has blocked these phones from registering. Rebooting the box clears out the block and the phones are able to register again for some period.

So being that I’ve already whitelisted the IP in FreePBX, disabled responsive firewall for testing (which alleviated the problem but it occurred two weeks later as opposed to every 24 hours) and that rebooting the box flushes out the block. Which firewall system is blocking it and what might you recommend to troubleshoot why it keeps blocking?

Whitelisted under Sys Admin > Intrusion Detection
Whitelisted under Connectivity > Firewall > Networks
Disabled Responsive Firewall

Yet it still continues to do this randomly and the IP has not changed. My bigger concern however is that since the remote site is a dynamic address eventually it’ll most likely change. So I’ve got to resolve both ends (suppose step 1 is figure out what’s blocking it and whitelist the current IP) and step 2 is to determine why it’s blocking it so I don’t have to keep whitelisting.

Do you actually see this IP in the banned list?

No from prior community input I was told to whitelist the IP.

All extensions will stop registering when this happens and they cannot access the box remotely so it is as if its blocking connections from that IP. Other remote endpoints with different IPs continue to work.

So I’m looking for any suggestions

This does not necessarily mean that the PBX is blocking the IP. Unless you see it somewhere where it says blocked.

Do you have SIP ALG or a similar service enabled on the remote side router?

No the remote router does not have it enabled

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.