FreePBX adaptive firewall

In FreePBX 13 and now on FreePBX 14 I am having a problem where the adaptive firewall is not picking up authenticated users nor is it blocking users with incorrect passwords etc. I have had 3 FreePBX installations all on different hardware setups but none of them work. I have double and triple checked my firewall setups even following the FreePBX official video on YouTube. Now the only thing that is common with these 3 installs was that I changed the Chan_Sip port from default 5160 to 15060. Would the firewall bypass checking this port because it is no expecting a port of 15060? If this is the case is there a config file I can edit to change what port the firewall expects Chan-Sip to be on?

It should allow whatever port you’ve bound the service to. Have you enabled the responsive firewall for CHAN_SIP in Connectivity>Firewall>Responsive Firewall>Legacy SIP (chan_sip)>Enabled?

You also need to make sure you haven’t touched the services settings to allow CHAN_SIP to be open to the internet. If you set this service to the internet zone, the responsive firewall won’t work.

Let me know how you get on…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.