FreePBX 15 is Released!

This is why I’ll be doing the same thing I did with v14. Waiting for at least 6 months before even attempting to start putting it in production. I’ll spin up a v15 box just to see what is happening with it but outside of that I won’t be recommending anyone move to v15 immediately (my customers that is).

4 Likes

Same here. This is just too messy right now.

1 Like

I can’t find an ISO anywhere, the 14 to 15 Upgrade Tool module is still in beta status, and even when I attempt to use it I’m told mirror servers are down. If this is “released”, how can I test it? It has been 2 days since the announcement was posted but I have yet to determine where (or if) this even exists.

3 Likes

Thanks @tm1000.

are they using dialup to upload the ISO?
3 days have passed since your post and it’s still not there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any ETA on the Distro being ready for download?

1 Like

Or maybe just upgrade the version upgrade module and we can use that since no ISO’s for testing yet.

Hey,

Sorry about the delay on this guys, last week was a busy week. The guy who’s posting the ISO got sick last weekend so I don’t have an updated status on that quite yet.

As far as the upgrade tool goes, @mbrooks worked on that. Matt, can you post the link to the updated version?

Thanks!
Matt

ahem :raising_hand_man: :rofl:

1 Like

All, the 14 to 15 upgrade instructions can be found on the wiki here:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Upgrading+to+FreePBX+15

I’ll post what it says below:

To try out FreePBX 15 using “PBX Upgrader” module please follow the following steps:

At this point you have done the equivalent of downloading and installing the module as if it had been available online.

To complete the process, select the ’15 Upgrade Tool’ from the FreePBX Menu and follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade to FreePBX 15.

This points to the Alpha not the final release.

This points to the Alpha not the final release.

I just noticed it said that, I updated the text. versionupgrade-14.0.5.tgz is for the stable 15 release.

That is the same Updater module which has been available for a while and still warns about being Beta. I thought the idea was to release a revised module which actually fits the “released” status?

If you want to make a big announcement about a product being “released”, maybe first actually build and upload the released product?

Hey, sorry about the trouble guys - apparently we’ve got some bumps in the release process. We appreciate your patience as we’re getting them sorted out.

Matt

2 Likes

@jasonsansone versionupgrade-14.0.5.tgz is very much the “released” product. We’re making a new build that removes the beta status, but versionupgrade-14.0.5.tgz, while mislabeled does install the “released” build.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if HA is supported now?

Hey Kafluke,

The release of FreePBX 15 is not connected to any HA work that is going on internally. HA is a separate effort from the FreePBX 15 release.

Matthew Fredrickson

Before Andrew left he was giving updates on the HA effort. Since he has been gone I haven’t heard anything about HA progress. I’d love to upgrade all my FreePBX 13 boxes but I can’t without HA.

Understood, and sorry about the difficulty. HA work is still a work in progress, but as soon as we have updates we’ll let you guys know.

Matt

Hey the bright side is at least this isn’t as bad as the WWE 2K20 release. THAT is a nightmare.

1 Like