FreePBX 11.7 - Queues

Hello All,

I’ve got an annoying issue with a Queue one of my clients has configured on their PBX.

In short;
There is a standard inbound route -> call flow -> announcement -> Queue setup.

The Queue has 4 static agents.
There is music on hold.

There is no voicemail.

If there is at least one agent available, there are no issues.
Calls enter the queue, the music on hold plays smoothly and calls complete.

If there are no agents available, such as on calls, or set to do not disturb, we start to have problems.

The situation is that the inbound call enters the queue, begins to play the music, sees that no agents are available, leaves the queue, stops playing the music, then rejoins the queue - repeating, this happens about twice per second, resulting in choppy music that sounds as if the system is failing to play.

We’ve been attempting to configure at present so that either;
The call enters the queue - and if no agents are available, it stays in the queue waiting until someone is.

We’ve tried various combinations of Retry, Max Wait time, Join Empty, leave empty, removing the failover destination, but to no avail.
At present the only temporary solution we’ve found is to have a SIP desk phone with its ringer muted, to ensure there is an agent available at all times.

If more details are required - Just ask, happy to provide.

Any chance you can paste the portion of the log where the call enters the queue, then flips around again?

We had many problems with queues in freepbx 11 and asterisk 8. Worked a lot better in asterisk 13 and freepbx 13.

We ended up switching to ring groups rather than fight with queues for queue issues and old versions.

https://pastebin.com/mnXizS3M

~500 lines per second.

I see it (appear) to be looping at line 145 and 310 ish.
I have a question
If you create another queue, just a test one and make a phone part of it, do you get the same problem?

Yes.
If the phones available the queue rings as expected.
If the phone is unavailable (either set to do not disturb, or busy ) it loops with the audio ‘stuttering’ as it starts and stops the MOH on each loop.