Forward to external number not working

I can’t seem to get forwarding to external numbers to work.
I creating misc/custom destination and setting it as a destination in the inbound route, tried putting the number in follow me and enabling it - all I get is “your call cannot be completed as dialed”. I also tried using the forward function on the phone (grandstream grp2613) - in that case the call just gets dropped after 8 seconds.
This happens only if I call from an external number. If I call from another extension, the forwarding works.
Another thing I’ve noticed is, that when I use the phone’s forward function, when I call from another extension to the one which i want to be forwarded, the caller ID shown on the external phone is not correct.
Any help would be appreciated.

This usually means that the call didn’t match an Outbound Route. If the CallerID field for the pattern to be matched is not blank (because you want some extensions to use different routes, or are imposing calling restrictions on some extensions), it likely won’t match the number of the original caller.

Paste the Asterisk log for a failed call (including pjsip logger and/or sip debug) at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/0d52e918
I’ve changed the numbers of the incoming caller number and the external destination with XXXXXXX (out of privacy reasons).

There was no Outbound Route matching the called number 0876XXXXXX, given the calling number 0884XXXXXX . Possible reasons include the Class of Service module, the Extension Routing module, and putting a pattern in the CallerID field on the Dial Patterns tab of the route that should have matched.

If you are using any of those, please explain.

No, I am not using any of these modules.
I have an outbound route for every separate extension.
So do i have to have the exact number, to which I want to forward the extension to in the dial pattern of the outbound route? I just tried doing that and now the forwarding works, but again with the wrong caller ID.

Why? Assuming that they all use the vivacom-fix trunk, you should be able to set Outbound CID for each extension to their external number, which will be passed to the trunk, using just one route.

If there is some reason that you must use one route per extension, just create one additional route with CallerID pattern such as
XXXX.
which will match all calling numbers with at least 4 digits.

Confirm that vivacom allows you to send a number that is not yours. If so, find out how you should transmit the number (for example, in the P-Asserted-Identity header) and configure the trunk accordingly.

1 Like

Why? Assuming that they all use the vivacom-fix trunk, you should be able to set Outbound CID for each extension to their external number, which will be passed to the trunk, using just one route.

Well, I did that a long time ago… I remember that when I tried doing a single route, all of the extensions were going through with one single caller ID number. That’s why I did separate routes.
Let’s say our external numbers range from 500600 to 500799. If I want to use just a single outbound route with correct caller IDs for each extension, should I put 500[67]XX in the route CID? Sorry for the dumb question, those routes have always been unclear to me… :slight_smile:

You set the Outbound CID field on the individual extension and that will be passed as the external CID no matter what you have set on the Outbound Route.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.