Interesting. I had some troubles setting this up initially. And I followed the advice from this thread: Intermittent call failure for inbound calling, as well as implementing ip auth and routing, and prefixing the tech prefix, and disabling registration.
I guess I’ve been relying on asterisk to get the match ips from the domain. But it looks like that wasn’t actually getting the full range, even though it seemed to be working (except for 1 caveat I will explain momentarily).
These are the matches I got when I didn’t define an ip ranges in Match (Permit) setting:
While this is what I get when defining it like you did:
Obviously, defining it like you did gives the whole, larger, range. I’m just curious about why the other way didn’t match all those too, and why it was working as consistently as it did. That being said, I did have a problem a few days ago that had me pulling my hair out. Asterisk wouldn’t match those IPs properly. It had been working for a long time, and then one of my servers went kaput. After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I discovered it was a DNS problem. I’m still not exactly sure what part of the DNS was broken, but I’m pretty sure it had to do with Vultr’s DNS server. Once I switched to OpenDNS, things started working again. But what made this take longer to diagnose than it should have, is that I was still able to ping the Flowroute PoP domain. Asterisk just couldn’t create the match for some reason.
Also, @jestep, I don’t believe that by selecting Default Edge Strategy you are taking advantage of their failover capabilities. Setting it up to use the PoPs is the best and most reliable way.