Fanvil i63 FreePBX One Way Video Issue

Weird issue here Im having trouble pinpointing the cause. Anyone have any suggestions?

Running FreePBX 16.0.40.7 and I dont have issues with 2 Way video with other devices (Grandstream GDS 3710) through the same FreePBX deployment at our shop.

I grabbed some Fanvil IP Video Intercom devices to test. Specifically the i63 for its 5 button door video door phone that we have a need for at a specific client. Also have a Fanvil i57A indoor station.

Direct IP Calling works great both directions between the i57a and i63 as well as between the i63 door station and a Grandstream GXV 3470 video phone.

Problem is when I try and make calls from the Fanvil i63 video doorstation to any video capable device using SIP extension through FreePBX the call comes right through as it should, I can answer, I have 2 way audio but no video comes through from the i63 to any device. I tried having the i63 call Sangoma Talk Softphone, the Fanvil i57a video indoor station, and the Grandstream GXV 3470 video desk phone. All same results, 2 way audio and no video comes through. This is simply programming one of the buttons on the i63 to call the FreePBX extension of these devices…

The weird part, if I dial the FreePBX pjsip extension of the Fanvil i63 video doorstation (ext 3001) on any of these devices (GXV 3470, Sangoma Talk, i57a) the i63 auto answers exactly like it should and I have 2 way audio and video on these devices coming from the i63… So I have video if I call the i63, but no video if the i63 calls these other devices extensions…

I cant pinpoint why I only have 1 way video…

I took a PCAP from the i63 while making a call from the i63 to the 3470 video deskphone where the call comes through, 2 way audio but no video from the i63 as well as a call the other way, from the GXV 3470 to the i63 where I have 2 way audio and video just fine…

I see the i63 to 3470 call in Wireshark Telephony>VOIP and when checking the call flow sequence, I see the initial Invite then a 401 Unauthorized then 200 OK…

I also see the 3470 call to the i63 where I have video from the i63 just shows INVITE 200 200 no 401 Unauthorized.

Any insights or things to suggest looking at to figure this out???

Here a screenshot of the Call Flow Sequence of the no video call from the i63 to the 3470 video phone

Imgur

And here the call flow sequence from the 3470 video phone to the i63 that successfully shows the i63’s video stream…

Imgur

As a side note, FreePBX configuration is pretty simply for video calls and works just fine. I can call from other video phones or Sangoma Talk to each other like Sangoma Talk to GXV 3470 and vice versa and video calling works just fine on this deployment

Have you tried to use a different video codec on the Fanvil?

The Fanvil i63 only uses H264…

Do you have another router on your way to the doorstation? Here’s a similar thread…but the video is gone in both directions…

I don’t know if the video was gone in both directions because the doorbell doesn’t receive incoming video, but yeah the problem was on the modem/router itself

Nope. This is a local LAN setup at our office. The i63 along with all our other deskphones, PBX, etc are all on the same switch and same router.

We have no problem making video calls from phone to phone or phone to Sangoma Talk, or other brand doorphones (Grandstream GDS3710) to Sangoma Talk or video desk phones on the same PBX, same network…

Its only this Fanvil i63. Unfortunately their support is lacking, I believe their support is in Asia so they are very slow to respond and send screenshots of their setup docs on how to connect to a PBX which is basic stuff we already have done…

Well, after going through the Fanvil i63 settings pages line by line and testing… I found the fix.

Under Intercom Settings>Media Settings there is a settings called “Video Direction” and it was set to “SendOnly”… which makes total sense because the i63 video doorstation SENDS video out. It doesnt have a screen or anything to RECEIVE video… But, either way… I switched that from “SendOnly” to “SendRecv” and bam… I now have video from the i63 on my video phones when the i63 calls out to the video phone extensions, as well as when it calls Sangoma Talk extensions…

2 Likes

If I remember correctly seems like the option for send only was inverted with receive only, so this may be the problem. Anyway like you said setting both works and doesn’t really hurt much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.