Failed Upgrade to FreePBX 13 / DAHDi not loading

Hi,

I recently upgraded to FreePBX 13 / Asterisk 11.25.1 using the web gui, but it failed half way through. I can’t remember exactly what error I got, but I got a prompt to go to the command line and run:

amportal && fwconsole ma upgrade all

I did this, and everything seemed to run ok. However, dahdi does not seem to be running correctly, and I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

If I select DAHDi Config from the Connectivity menu on the web gui, I get a red banner indicating that DAHDi is not running, and get prompted to restart DAHDi & Asterisk. This doesn’t seem to do anything. clicking the Modprobe Settings button on the RHS of this page causes an exception error to appear (array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array).

If i go to the command line, service dahdi status indicates that the service is running, but when I go to the Asterisk command line, the dahdi option is not there. I’ve tried to restart Asterisk, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.

[root@freepbx ~]# asterisk -r
Asterisk 11.25.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <[email protected]>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 11.25.1 currently running on freepbx (pid = 7328)
freepbx*CLI>
!              acl            ael            agi            aoc            cc             cdr            cel            channel        cli            confbridge     config         core           data           database
devstate       dialplan       digium_phones  dnsmgr         event          fax            features       file           g723           g729           group          http           iax2           indication     keys
local          logger         manager        meetme         mgcp           minivm         mixmonitor     module         moh            no             odbc           parkedcalls    phoneprov      presencestate  queue
realtime       rtcp           rtp            say            sip            sla            stun           timing         transcoder     udptl          ulimit         voicemail      xmpp
freepbx*CLI>

One other point of note is that Asterisk doesn’t seem to start on reboot any longer. I need to manually start it!

I’m no expert on this, so I might need quite a bit of help!

Thanks

Edit: And running fwconsole restart, I get the following:

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole restart
Running FreePBX shutdown...

XMPP Server Stopped
Shutting down Asterisk Gracefully. Will forcefully kill after 30 seconds.
Press C to Cancel
Press N to shut down NOW
[============================] 1 sec
Wanrouter: No valid Sangoma Hardware found, if you have no Sangoma cards this is OK
Stopping DAHDi for Digium Cards
DAHDi Stopped
Running VQPlus Hooks
Stopping Queue Callback Daemon
Queue Callback Daemon Stopped
Running FreePBX startup...
Wanrouter: No valid Sangoma Hardware found, if you have no Sangoma cards this is OK
Starting DAHDi for Digium Cards
DAHDi Started
Running Sysadmin Hooks
Restarting fail2ban
fail2ban Restarted
Updating License Information for 58918804
Starting Asterisk...
[============================] 1 sec
Asterisk Started
Running VQPlus Hooks
Starting Queue Callback Daemon
Queue Callback Daemon Started
Running XMPP Hooks
Starting XMPP Server
XMPP Server Started
[root@freepbx ~]#

Ok. made some progress. Reinsatalled the DAHDi Config Module, and the GUI crash has stopped. I can now load the Modprobe settings. However, still can’t get DAHDi to load in Asterisk. I get the following error if I try to start it from the Asterisk CLI:

freepbx*CLI> module load chan_dahdi.so
Unable to load module chan_dahdi.so
Command 'module load chan_dahdi.so' failed.
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: pbx.c:7567 ast_register_application2: Already have an application 'DAHDISendKeypadFacility'
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: pbx.c:7567 ast_register_application2: Already have an application 'DAHDISendKeypadFacility'
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: pbx.c:7567 ast_register_application2: Already have an application 'DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility'
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: pbx.c:7567 ast_register_application2: Already have an application 'DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility'
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] DEBUG[3674]: sig_wat.c:143 sig_wat_log: General interface registered
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:4775 dahdi_open: Unable to specify channel 2: No such device or address
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] WARNING[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:4775 dahdi_open: Unable to specify channel 2: No such device or address
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] ERROR[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:13157 mkintf: Unable to open channel 2: No such device or address
here = 0, tmp->channel = 2, channel = 2
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] ERROR[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:13157 mkintf: Unable to open channel 2: No such device or address
here = 0, tmp->channel = 2, channel = 2
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] ERROR[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:18144 build_channels: Unable to register channel '2'
[2017-02-07 19:19:01] ERROR[3674]: chan_dahdi.c:18144 build_channels: Unable to register channel '2'
freepbx*CLI>

Help please!

It looks your card conf file are lost. Try reconfig dahdi and chan_dahdi.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ve tracked down the problem. One of the FXS daughter boards on my TDM400 card appears to be faulty. I’ve swapped a couple of them round, and dahdi has reappeared in asterisk cli :slight_smile: