External calls not making it through

Note that this is entirely up to your provider. My provider (VOIP Innovations) prevents me from using 1 on my outgoing calls and I have to dial a full 10-digit NANP number for all outbound calls. Check with your provider on what a valid outbound number should look like.

The service provider requires the full UK dial code in the format 01234567890 - the call to an outside line always starts with a 0.
This however is not the problem as I CAN make out going calls to the PSTN without any problems.

Incoming calls are the problem and in short the incoming call either goes straight to voice mail or it busies out the incoming line depending on configuration of FreePBX.

If I connect a SIP telephone to this service it works fine bothways - the problem is only with incoming trunk services.

The trunk setup and register string are listed above and they are in the same format as the majority of SIP services that are already out there. I have tried variations on the Register string without any luck.

My service provider in the UK does NOT provide support for FreePBX setup so it is my believe that there is a either a bad setup string at my end or a problem with the trunk supporting FreePBX services - without support it makes it a little bit more of a challenge!!

We’ve seen a couple reports of things like this in the past couple of weeks. One way that providers limit us is by not allowing the “technology” of Asterisk to be connected to their service.

If your provider doesn’t support Asterisk (which is what you are actually connecting with - FreePBX is just a control/management interface to Asterisk) then the only way you can connect is to change the Advanced Setting for System Type (I don’t remember the exact entry) away from the current Asterisk version to something like “X-Lite version 1”.

I am convinced that my provider does not support Asterisk as he avoids the subject, very helpful on everything else, every time I try to dig deeper into the issue!!
Presumably there is nothing I can do at my end to resolve this without knowing what my carrier has enable or configured their service for?

You rarely hear of this.

I am afraid this may be that rare case.
When I asked for the setup strings for Asterisk I go this reply -

"Not for free PBX I am sorry John

We have for our Avaya System "

So the hunt for an affordable UK carrier who supports Asterisk continues!

Hi Brian, which Digium package do you have? I looked at their pricing (from Canada) and couldn’t see anything like yours. Thank you.
Edwin

What version of Asterisk do you have?

Currently running SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1712-2.
I cannot get SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1805-1 to run on any platform such as Raspberry Pi3, Virtual Box or a desktop PC.

Not to state the obvious… but…

1. You can make station to station calls, meaning the phones are registering.
  2. You can make outbound calls, meaning that the trunks are there.
  3. You can not make inbound calls… did you check your DID mapping?

It’s their SIPTrunk package. I called to ask; I’m sorry to say they don’t offer service outside the US :frowning:

Thank you Brian

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.