Error when attempting to update modules - fpbx13 & freebsd 11

I get this error when attempting to update the voicemail module:

/­usr/­local/­www/­apache24/­data/­freepbx/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­WriteConfig.class.php177

I also get:
Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_WARNING)
HELP
chown(): Unable to find uid for www

When accessing the devices panel.

fixed some permission issues on /usr/local/etc/asterisk/keys and /var/cron to no avail

Hi!

Sounds to me like the user does not exist…

It is stored in a setting called AMPASTERISKWEBUSER in /etc/amportal.conf and it has “www” in it on your PBX… Any idea why?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Well, I can assure you the user exists. Since version 11 in fact (the passed file on the box says):

www:*:80:80::0:0:World Wide Web Owner:/usr/local/www/apache24/data:/bin/tcsh

I even gave it a temp valid shell on the account for testing…

I have the asterisk server running as user www. I should mention that freepbx 12 was fine - but I recently updated to 13 and these problems cropped up.

FreePBX doesn’t know that so you should do what @Marbled said and change the setting (but in Advanced Settings)

Hi!

Advanced Settings > System Setup > System Web User I believe…

From what he quoted it looks like the problem is that is actually does but can’t properly look it up???

I wonder if there might not be a stray space in there or something similar and it’s actually trying to look up "www " instead of “www”… Maybe the other code that uses this setting is more tolerant to something like this (WriteConfig appears to be something new)…

@iansouth12, could you post a screen capture and maybe delete and retype the user in
Advanced Settings > System Setup > System Web User?

the autocorrect is getting me here.

the user exists in /etc/passwd. Has been there a long time. The settings in /etc/amportal.conf has existed there a long time. Always been working. I do not see anything in the FreePBX advanced settings that look wrong (or obviously wrong). Again the settings in the flat files have been working for a few years now under 11 and 12. And the amportal.conf seems right. Has www defined.

The devices menu problem cleared up I think - but the module admin update problem did not. Still have the BMO errors.

Just for the record - I did retype the user name and submit as requested - that’s odd that that worked.

This is a message from your system. PHP is asking “what is the uid for www” and the system is responding “I dunno”

I meant a screen capture of the error…

Maybe there’s something we are missing in it…

Line 177 in WriteConfig.class.php is

chown($filename, $ampowner);

(ie the chown)

here…

Did you change anything security-wise recently? (users, groups, etc…)

Nick

I made sure everything had the right ownerships/perms under /usr/local/etc/www/apache24/data/freepbx - and /usr/local/etc/asterisk - I checked a thing or two in /usr/local/sbin which ended up being symlinks to stuff in /usr/local/etc/asterisk and those perms looked ok. Unless I’m missing something (I’m sure I am)

Thats a stack trace. The stack trace has 13 traces. You’ve decided to only show us 3 of those.

Please take a screen capture of this and post it here…

Nick

Safari decided I cannot make the window bigger.

Ok firefox this time…

Apache is not chrooted, right?

It is not

bio… beer… buuuuuuuuurp! :smiley:

Hi!

Do you have the /etc/pwd.db and /etc/spwd.db files mentioned in that thread

?

That’s apparently a BSD thing and I wonder if you might have similar problem (the files were no longer in sync) to what that person had and if the fix might be the same…

Nick

That’s a good thought - but I vipw’ed the www entry:

root@sandbox:/etc # ls -l pwd.db spwd.db
-rw-r–r-- 1 root wheel 40960 Mar 10 17:42 pwd.db
-rw------- 1 root wheel 40960 Mar 10 17:42 spwd.db

Looks like they should be in sync at first glance.