EndPoint Manager module version 16.0.79.6 or higher is required, you have 16.0.71

My SangomaRealtime API, Sangoma Connect, and Phone Apps are all disabled due to needing missing requirements that lead to EndPoint Manager module version 16.0.79.6 or higher is required, you have 16.0.71. My Module Manager in the Web GUI of FreePBX shows EndPoint Manager is up to date with version 16.0.71. I have ran the command “fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint” and it downloads and reinstalls version 16.0.71. I have also ran “fwconsole setting MODULE_REPO” and it outputs, “Setting of “MODULE_REPO” is text mirror/freepbx/org”. I am running FreePBX 16.0.40.

Did you at some point pay for the commercial endpoint manage license? If you have updates to it are only available for a year at which point you have to renew the license to continue receiving updates.

Yes, I did. I bought the FreePBX CM EndPoint Manager 25 Year License on 2021-10-15. The commercial license should still be valid.

Somebody smarter than me here will correct me and explain the difference if I am wrong but there is a difference between paying for the module license and paying for the maintenance (ie. update rights) of said module.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPAS/How+to+Renew+FreePBX+Commercial+Modules+Maintenance

1 Like

You either need to pay the maintenance fee for endpoint or you have to roll those other modules back. Essentially the licensing system doesn’t account for dependencies and my guess is there is nobody there that can fix that

Fix what? If module X is dependant on module Y and both have been updated then the new version of X will only work if Y is a specific version that has the changes X needs.

This is a conversation we have repeated here for almost a decade. No one at Sangoma seemed to have a problem or claimed it needed fixing for the last decade.

You don’t see the problem here? Sangoma RTAPI, Connect, and Phone Apps do not need licensed EPM. They just need EPM. But because in this case EPM was licensed and now fell out of support, he is blocked from installing the other modules because EPM is stuck at the older version. This is indeed a problem.

I could propose some fixes:

• Split out “third party phones” EPM and “Sangoma phones” EPM into two different modules, the first requiring licensing and the second not. Only have dependencies on the Sangoma Phones EPM module
  • Allow EPM to be updated in spite of the licensing, when necessary to fulfill dependencies

This is not OP’s fault, and since he is (I assume) paying for Sangoma Connect and would like to use it, it should be on Sangoma to fix this.

2 Likes

And how does this logic apply to other modules that have these types of dependencies? But even in this case let us say I use all Yealink phones, so now I have to buy Phone Apps and EPM for all the management and cool features. But hey I’m using T46S models which are EOL so no worry about firmware or other updates. Now I let both renewals go unpaid for. Don’t really need updates and deal with support whenever it comes up.

Few months later I want to use Sangoma Connect but oh man, it won’t install or update because Phone Apps and/or EPM haven’t had their annual support/updates renewal paid. So now I just want to use Connect, you’re saying that Sangoma should just allow for those other modules to now be freely updated? I can pay $19.99/year (one user license) and also not have to pay the $31.50/annual cost on EPM and get fully updated EPM? Or pay any other renewals and get updates because Connect needs them?

Even if Connect is always $19.99/year by having one Connect license and licensing its dependencies I can avoid paying annual fees on the dependencies and still get the benefits without higher cost renewal fees.

Exactly, so you clearly see why it’s a bad idea to have one paid module depending on another.

The alternative (other than splitting out third-party EPM and Sangoma EPM, or somehow not make EPM a dependency at all) is to tell OP tough luck, because you bought EPM at one point now you have to buy it again even if you don’t want to, just because you wish to install Sangoma Connect.

I see the point you’re trying to make but either you misunderstood me or you’re trolling.

1. There is nothing wrong with dependencies when used properly.
  2. In some edge cases the dependency management goes stupid
  3. In the case of 2 you typically install the dependency manually and the world is peachy.

In the case of this post 3 is not (officially) an option because the mirror does not list the dependency as an option. THAT is the issue here. The mirror should also be doing dependency management and not allow dependent modules to show if it is going to filter by license.

To preempt your next “gotcha” our mirror does not filter or do anything based on the deployment id…

So to recap the issue:
If you are going to filter modules out at the mirror you have to do dependency management.
This HAS always been the case but under prior management only 1 open source module had a commercial dependency (Firewall and sysadmin) At no point will sysadmin ever be filtered from the mirror.

1 Like

So, I could change my mirror to Clearlyip and upgrade my modules on freepbx to the latest version even if my module updates have expired for that deployment id?

I doubt that commercial modules are in the Clearly IP repos.

Guess they do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.