Endpoint Manager and Cisco 79x5 with the 7916 key expansion module

The endpoint manager, which I purchased, doesn’t have the 7916 key expansion module available for the 79x5 phones. How do I go about adding this in so that I can setup lines on the module?

I should note, I’ve already done the base edit to add this to enable the module:

<addOnModules>
   <addOnModule idx="1">
      <deviceType>7916</deviceType>
      <deviceLine>24</deviceLine>
      <loadInformation>B016-1-0-4-2</loadInformation>
   </addOnModule idx="1">
</addOnModules>

But the 79x5 only has x amount of lines to use, I can’t find a way to make it have more lines that the module now allows.

I’m not aware of the SIP version of the 79xx phones supporting sidecars under any configuration. In SCCP mode, I’ve used this sidecar and I know it’s supported.

If you haven’t already done a lot of work to get that phone working in SIP mode, I’d recommend using Chan-SCCP-B for the sidecar support.

I’ve got the phone working well with sip and freepbx using the endpoint manager. All my call features appear to be good (other then maybe BLF). Once i added the addonmodules code using the base edit (as noted before), the add on module (sidecar) lights up and comes online.

The only problem is when i go to add lines to that phone for that template, endpoint manager shows my phone (7965) as only having 6 lines to setup. The add on module adds 24 more lines, and they are identical to the setup for those other 6 lines. I could go and edit the xml config file for the phone, copy/paste the line 6 entry and make it line 7 and it will show on the sidecar, but when i rebuild the config from endpoint manager, it will not persist.

Is there a way to edit the template for a phone to add more lines? That’s really all it needs.

Since I don’t use the Cisco phones in SIP mode, I wouldn’t be able to tell you. I know that the SCCP Manager has a 7916 module built in that I know works in SCCP mode. I’m not sure how you’d extend that using SIP and the OSS Extension Manager.

Since i have the paid commercial version, does anyone know who do i contact for support and to make a feature request?

I’d call them or submit a Feature Reqest ticket through “Issues” and ask if it was worthwhile. I’m pretty sure that Commercial EPM’s support for Cisco phones is bare-bones (since I doubt Cisco wants to support FreePBX).

Confirm your device is supported:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/EPM-Supported+Devices

If it’s supported and you see a bug, open a commercial module support ticket:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPAS/How+To+Open+A+Support+Ticket

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.