Empty CDR Reports

I recently upgraded and migrated a server from Elastix 1.5 to 1.6. I migrated the asteriskcdrdb and all my reporting up to the date of migration is there, but since the migration nothing is showing up on the reports module.

I do see that there is data in the Master.csv file in the /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv folder. How does the data get from that file into the asteriskcdrdb database?

Did I miss something during the migration?

Thanks
Scott Brown
Centritech Communications
www.centritech.net

If you ask the same question over at the Elastix forum I am sure that you will get an answer.

Missing reports in CDR are often due to missing to install Asterisk-addons.

Yes, I have asked the same question there but no response. This issue is in both the Elastix and FreePBX reporting module.

Thanks

Scott

No response? It has been less than 23 hour since your question was posted, remember that forum answers are from volunteers like me that find interest in this. As such there can be times that questions will be unanswered a couple of days but eventually will be answered.

The issue with missing data in cdr are asked and answered numerous times in various forums so perhaps if you just wait a little longer it will be answered.

I have no clue what have changed from Elastix 1.5 to 1.6 so my questions are:
What version of Asterisk are you running?
What version of FreePBX are you running?

Open up an asterisk CLI and type module show like mysql
You should get an output something like this:

Module                         Description                              Use Count
cdr_addon_mysql.so             MySQL CDR Backend                        0
app_addon_sql_mysql.so         Simple Mysql Interface                   0

If you don’t have cdr_addon_mysql.so then install Asterisk-addons.

If you have it, then compare your backup with the current install for changes in the /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf file.

For me the solution of Mikael work’s fine.
Thaks a lot

Am using aster know with freepbx I have installed the asterisk addon as mentioned above. But still when I open the cdr-csv it is empty. Am using soft phones I was trying to view the cdr . Am I expected to create a table inorder for this to work . If so how can I do that thanks

No you are expected to read up on how it works

These are somewhat specific to the FreePBX distro, you chose to use the less able and outdated Digium distro, you will thusly need to read their documentation too. (or be clever and use FreePBX distro before you get too deep)
Either way, and an your case you will probably find that

/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv

is not empty, at least it won’t be if you made any calls.

the cdr-csv file is something you created all on your own.

Master.csv is almost always invariably created, this discussion was about mysql cdr creation. You will find those files in /var/lib/mysql/asteriskcdrdb/ but reading them will make your eyes go funny.