DISA recordings, where in the UI?

Hi!

Title says it all…

I have a use to record calls made through DISA, are they available from the UI?

I know that they are under /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ if all else fails…

By the way, does the caller ID override works? When I did some tests I had the default trunk CID which I was expecting to be overridden…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Nick:

I just did some very quick tests. Outbound CID on DISA calls works as expected for me, no issues there. When settings calls to record at the DISA, the recording is made, but it is not linked to any CDR records for playback/download when browsing CDRs. This looks like a bug, if you can confirm the same please open a bug ticket.

I can confirm that recorded DISA calls show up in the Call Recordings Report module if you’ve purchased a license for it.

1 Like

Hi Lorne!

Somehow at one point it seems to lose the CID I set and use the trunk one even though for the trunk it is set as “Allow any CID”.

The last place where I see the CID I set is in the disa-dial context, after that I see the trunk one… I see the trunk CID in the CEL info before that though…

I will update my packages to the latest and greatest (they are pretty recent already but it can’t hurt) just in case…

I am running FreePBX 13 distro by the way (waiting for the FreePBX 14 distro migration tool…)

Okie dokie, I will…

The number of times I might have to record calls is quite low so this would be overkill for my needs… It is nice to know it does work there though, thank you!

Have a nice day!

Nick

1 Like

Hi Lorne!

I created the ticket…

re: https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15129

I am now trying to track down why my box loses the outbound CID while yours does not…

I updated everything, both modules and distro…

By the way, are you running FreePBX 13 or 14? I would expect both to behave similarly for this but maybe not…

Nick

Hi Lorne!

OK, I figured the problem with the caller ID…

When I read this:

Caller ID Override (Yes/No) : Determine if we keep the Caller ID being presented or if we override it. Default is No
If you choose Yes the disa will pass the caller id set above.

I though I had to set it to Yes (which I did…)…

It works as I expected it to (ie it overrides the trunk CID) if I set it to No

Am I misreading this or is there something wrong with the help message or how this setting works?

Nick

Yeah, there is something weird going on here, but I don’t have time at the moment to chase it. At the very least, the help text is wrong.

1 Like

Hi Lorne!

Thank you for confirming there is indeed an issue there…

I created a ticket so that whatever the exact issue is it will eventually be fixed…

re: https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15133

As I wrote in the ticket I am not sure why there are two settings for this, sounds to me that if the caller ID field is filled in it could automatically overrides the original caller ID… There’s probably a reason why it was not done that way but at the moment it escapes me…

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Nick