Digium D80 Status Error

OK, looks like you have the same issues as me. Dissappointing as I really liked the phone if I could get the Status to work and be able to program line keys, address book, etc…Im using my S705 till I get the D80 working properly.

I agree…it is a shame that freePBX is owned by Sangoma and does not support the most advanced Sangoma phone! I played around for hours…status does not work, not even for blf (other extensions). And the funny thing is, there is no Web-GUI…no log…
You can just download a file, containing all the data, which my text editor cannot correctly display. Even my Cisco phones had a minimalistic Web-GUI with a list of error/status messages.

So status does work on my D80, but ONLY when you used Digium Phones Module… If I disabled Digium Phones module and used the Endpoint Manager I got the same Status issues like you show above… but no matter what I use, Digium phone module OR Endpoint Manager, I cannot get contacts to work or any line key, BLM, etc. programming to show on the phone. Status isnt end of world, but no line key programming makes it useless for me…

I just started a new thread but maybe you know the answer to this. I know its something stupid Im missing…

Using Sangoma S705 via Endpoint Manager… I have 3 lines on my screen for my extension (Office)… When Im on a call, and I have a second incoming call, I see the 2nd line (Office) flashing that I have another call coming in but I have no clue who is calling to be able to decide if I want to answer it, or let it go to VM. No caller id is showing for that second incoming call while Im on the phone.

How do I get caller id to show up on my screen for that 2nd call coming in while Im on a call??

I use the advanced DPMA method with xml config files. The status does not work. The line keys work and the visual voicemail and the contacts too…

Visual-Voicemail

Damn look at that. While thats great, you shouldnt need to create custom XML files just to get VM and line keys, contacts, etc. working on a Sangoma product with freePBX… It should be just as simple/easy as setting up this S705 honestly…

Weird, I had the Status working just fine no issues with Digium Phone module but not with Endpoint Manager…

Custom XML files give you a lot of features, you will never see in EPM. The problem is that there is no log I can look at, to fix the status problem. Are you happy with your s705? The audio is very poor, compared to the Digium/Sangoma D-line phones :wink:

Ive had zero issues with my S705… Its worked no problem. I know you told me before it has poor audio quality but can you elaborate on that? I cant tell any difference talking on the phone with clients for hours on my Ubiquiti UVP Enterprise, s705 or the D80. All sound nice and clear to me…

Did you see my above question about getting a 2nd incoming calls caller id to show on my screen when Im already on a call? I cannot for the life of me figure that out. So annoying not knowing whos calling when Im on a call…

In Germany/Austria the g722 codec is widely used. There is a huge difference between alaw/ulaw and g722. The Sangoma s705 does a very bad job when set to g722…it sounds very cheap.

No cannot help you. I hate the s705. The only good thing it offered was the LDAP-phonebook :wink:

1 Like

Just one more thing (offtopic) regarding the terrible design of the s705
When you search contacts it always opens with the 2ab setting. So if you want to search for a name, you have to press the 2abc/123/abc-button twice to switch to abc…every time you open the phonebook!!!
Who designs a phonebook app, where you search for numbers AND names using a numeric keyboard? Isnt the standard way to enter letters using the keypad? So for a letter you have to press every key at least twice…

Seems like a bug if you can’t enter Küche, Büro, usw.

No…I initially had a problem with populating the (virtual) line keys. I played around, and also removed the ü ä ö etc. But this wasnt the problem. I finally found a way to make it work…but forgot to put the Umlaute back :wink:

Any updates to Endpoint Manager for the D80 ?? I dont have my D80 anymore but would like to get another one if they fixed Endpoint Manager for the D80 like they said they were going to…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.