Dial Plans and redials ---

Strange issue, or I am just missing something.

I gave my wife a ZAP FXS extension for the house off my TB 2.6.1 box. Setup the Outroutes and the Trunks with 10/111 digit dialing for her so it will act like a “normal” phone.

1+404NXXXXXX
1+770NXXXXXX
1+678NXXXXXX
1NXXNXXXXXX

Last night she brought an issue. A lot of times the called party is an IVRs and she presses the codes to get to a person in a store or office. This works fine, but if she get’s disconnected, hung up on, or no answer she hangs up and then hits redial on the phone. The phone happily sends the DTMF string now 12, 15 or more digits to my IPBX and get’s an intercept that the number can not be dialed. I could just add a wild card to the end of the string, but then I have time out issues, I am thinking I need modified rules, since I can’t load a dial plan to the ZAP channel. But would like some feed back on a ZAP timeout value and rather these modified rules should work ?

Out Route…
1+404NXXXXXX. Trailing Period in the next couple of lines.
1+770NXXXXXX.
1+678NXXXXXX.
1NXXNXXXXXX.

Trunk
1+404NXXXXXX|X. Attempting to keep everything to the Left of the Bar… So
1+770NXXXXXX|X. this is obviously not right… Is there a Substring type
1+678NXXXXXX|X. function that I am not seeing ?
1NXXNXXXXXX|X.
411|1-8004664411

So does any one have any ideas ??

TIA…

DID YOU EVER GET AN ASNWER TO THIS QUESTION ABOUT TRAILING DIGITS?

Comment: trailing period at the end will allow as many characters as you would send… as long as your string matches everything before “.” it would not matter how many digits you would have at the end.