Dial Pattern to send call without #

what is the best way to create dial pattern for yealink T46S phone to see 10 and 11 digits and simply send the call?

They don’t want to hit # since the old system didn’t require this. The time out is not an option because they take too long to actually dial the number at times.

Depends where you are located: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Dial+Patterns

USA. I don’t see an example on how it would send the #

any other suggestions?

As stated ,that depends on your locale, in the US even, larger markets tend to require 11 digit dialing, some use 10 for in state and 11 for out of state, some just allow 10.
But anywhere in the states is always ‘closed dialing’ so if you are in a 10/11 locale, identify the smaller unique group
presumably the few area codes that require 10 and put them earlier in the dialstring as soon as it is uniquely matched, it will dial out without a # , if you have any overlap then you will need to wait for timeout on those area codes, the last string before international will be 1nxxnxxxxxx.

If you post your dialstring and your areacode then someone can go to Wikipedia and look up dialing rules for your state/area_code (or you could save yourself time and do it yourself :wink: )

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1492

You don’t ever actually do that. The # just tells the phone to start the call and stop waiting. The same if you hit the “Send” programmable key below the screen.

When you create a proper dial pattern in EPM, the phone will just dial.
Here is one I use at a site.

Okay so how would the dial pattern look for 10 and 11 digit? I want it to send right away :slight_smile:

You gotta read what is asked of you and react to it, post your current dialstring and your area code.

This is the most basic thing ever. Looking at any part of your PreePBX install that deals with call routing should have already clued this.

NXXNXXXXXX|1NXXNXXXXXX

But you also need to include your extension range, unles sno one ever calls internally.

I have the following NXXNXXXXXX which will prepend a 1 since the carrier requires it. Then I have toll free dial plans for example: 1877NXXXXXX since the carrier also requires that as well. That’s all I have

That has nothing to do with what I said.

I am posting my dial plan string as requested. How would you add the extension range?

There are two things here, the dialstring on the phone , which is driven by wet-wear and the more methodical soft-ware approach of routes and trunks.

The wet-ware’s requirements is what are discussing here. So all that stuff in trunks and routes won’t apply until your phone side dialstring is “closed”, that is that there is one match arrived at as soon as the most significant numbers are successively matched uniquely against one of your patterns , if not unique, you will always need a # or a digit timeout

so my best bet is to adjust the timing then? Why can’t it send the # when matching the 10 or 11 digits?

Are you intentionally being unhelpful?

The phone dial now plan has nothing to do with your outbound route.

The only reason it was mentioned, was because syntax for creating dial patterns is the same.

The phone dial now plan is for the phone only.

Don’t “adjust” anything.

Create the dial now plan properly.

The above EPM Dial Plan screen shot turns into this on the phone itself.

that’s interesting. I have yealink and can test in my lab. so do you have an example of adding the # or matching the dial plan to make this work? The screenshot above doesn’t seem to do that. On my phone it’s blank

That’s why you need the #, when it’s “not blank” things will start to work.

(QROOPH)

Do you have comprehension problems?

Can you explain that dial pattern? What does the 124-7 actually do for example?