Dial Pattern to send call without #

It matches 1,2,4,5,6,7

Recall when I said to look at your routining FreePBX because it uses the same syntax…

It doens’t matter. your dial pattern is NXXNXXXXXX|1NXXNXXXXXX

I added that to my template and it doesn’t make any difference when dialing out

Did you look at your phone to make sure it is applied?

If I use all X’s it works, if I add N, it does not work

There we go. Memory cells firing. That is correct. Yealink does not use the N.

That’s why I was confused LOL. Thanks for help. I used xxx|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx and seems to be working. See any issues with that?

use 1XXXXXXXXXX not eleven X’s. that matches specifically.

Okay thanks but the rest looks good?

XXXXXXXXXX is not correct. It will match the first 10 digits of a number beginning with 1 so if you don’t enter the last digit within one second it will send an incomplete number. It will also mess up international calls.
You should have:
1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx
and
[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx
plus rule(s) to match your extension numbers and any often used feature codes, providing they don’t conflict with the NANP.

We only use the built in feature codes. How do I add the extensions? We use 100-200

If you have 20 or fewer extensions (100 … 119), you can add
1[0-1]x

but e.g. 120 could be the start of 12015551212, so you’ll need to press # or wait the timeout. I assume that you have a BLF key for frequently called extensions, so maybe that’s not a big deal.

For a new system, I recommend choosing extension numbers that don’t conflict with the numbering plan for whatever country it’s in.

We don’t choose them. It’s always a replacement of an existing system. That did work. XXX was working fine though before this for local extensions. What do I do for our system with 100 extensions?

Unfortunately, it’s not magic. If both 120 and 12015551212 are valid on your system, there is no choice other than to have the phone wait after 120 to see whether more digits are coming.

You might consider using
1xx
but also increasing Time-Out for Dial-Now Rule (Features → General Information) to 2 or 3, though that will add delay to all calls.

what does increasing the time out do if 1xx works?

1xx is overlayed by 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx in 90% of the case so you will have to wait for a time out or #, there is very good reason that traditional key systems small PBX dont have extensions that start with 0,1 or 9 (centrex)

If the user dials 120 and then hesitates before continuing to dial the last digit of an area code, the phone will send the call and he’ll get extension 120 instead. Most users would be unlikely to pause there; if they have already dialed 120 they know the area code and will generally dial the next digit quickly.

If you increase the timeout to 2 seconds, on Yealink that’s a global setting so it will add 2 seconds setup time to all calls (that are dialed without pressing #, Send or Speaker). The minimum timeout on Yealink is 1 second.

Which is bypassed as soon as there is a unique match in the dialstring, when there are no other possible matches, the digits are passed immediately to the PBX, is that not what this whole thread is about?

Of course, that’s how it should work. But in this regard Yealink is dumber than a cheap ATA. It has a separate set for rules for ‘dial now’, controlled by a global timeout that can never be zero.

Interesting. My reading of the link I first posted suggests that the replace rules preempt the dial now rules, is that correct?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.