Dahdi Install

This is my 3rd reinstall of freePBX to try to resolve this issue each time using a different version
I can’t seem to figure out this dahdi issue.

“DAHDi Doesn’t appear to be running. Click the ‘Restart DAHDi & Asterisk’ button below”
I would click the restart button but it changes nothing?

I see no results under analog hardware but if i run dahdi_hardware I can see the card.

dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:02:08.0 wctdm24xxp- d161:8006 Wildcard AEX410P

strangely if I try any other dahdi commands i get this error

“Unable to open /dev/dahdi/ctl: No such file or directory” or “permission denied”

I’m currently running FreePBX 14.0.1.24
Linux 3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.11.1

Any sort of help would be welcomed. If you’re currently using a system running with dahdi config please share your knowledge or at least your os version and dahdi tools version .

Dahdi is dependent on the kernel it is running under, to successfully load it you will probably have to build it from source of you can’t find an rpm built against

3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64

And to do that you will need the 3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64 header files.

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66389

what do you mean by “rpm built against”?

That’s a question which indicates that we might have a problem :slight_smile:

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+13+on+CentOS+7

Has all the necessary steps for building your own Dahdi.

Are you using the FreePBX distro? Or are you installing FreePBX manually on a machine that already has the operating system installed previously?

Okay thanks for the help I’ll let You know if it works

freepbx distro i believe

I did a fresh install so I can’t figure out why I’m even running into issues :confused: This is so stressful I have a client who needs this up and running as soon as possible. Been struggling with this for 3days now

But how did you do the fresh install? Which ISO, downloaded from where? Etc etc

Downloaded distro iso from freepbx website. I did a fully automatic install.

That Distro install doesn’t jive with the kernel you previously posted

Linux 3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64

There is something really wrong with that, because as @dicko said, that ISO file doesn’t use that particular kernel version.

Thats the main issue here there isn’t a dahdi module to match the kernel version. Ive checked on the asterisk website So should I use an older version of the distro to match the dahdi modules that are available?

The WIKI link I posted very specifically gives you instructions on all the prerequisites needed to build DAHDI against your running kernel,as you have decided to go off the reservation, you will need slightly better skills to match your adventurous spirit, but just follow the link EXACTLY step by step up to the dahdi install. then you should have a loadable DAHDI module and move on.

The strange thing with your issue is that the official FreePBX distro installs DAHDI without any intervention needed from the user.
Once the install is complete, DAHDI is installed and you just need to configure the trunk.
Are you sure you are using a current ISO installer?

Exactly it is strange. Yes i am sure.
SNG7-PBX-64bit-1904-2

Release Date: 2019-05-09
FreePBX Version 14.0.10.3
OS Version: 12.7.6-1904-2.sng7
CentOS Base: 7.6.1810

Yes it should be installing dahdi automatically but it doesn’t seem to work. As to exactly why i’m not sure. When i try updating or installing dahdi it says that the latest version is already installed.

You should try to upgrade the kernel. If you run yum update does any software show up as updateable?

I have already updated

And after the update, what kernel version are you using? Run this on the command line: uname -a

3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64